Pot Rally in Vancouver

jamapple
Übergod

Re: Pot Rally in Vancouver

Post by jamapple »

WOW!! Never knew about Nutmeg!, ( and no, I won't be trying it). LOL!
You make many very valid points. Just legalize it and be done. I just don't like these nit wits getting all stupid, and giving people reason to look at the big picture and go, " Nope, not ready yet. They're walking upright, but boy they're dumb".
Getting back to the rally, I wonder if all these do gooders that tried to save their fellow protesters from the harms of arrest would have done the same if they weren't in fact high at the time. I know it makes you think differently, as both pot and alcohol will. Like Einstein there who wants to burn his award. He got an award for helping out in a civil disobedience situation, one in which people were fueled up on whatever, and got caught up in the whole thing.(As we all know, 5000 people all didn't go there to riot). This little play out of schenanigans is no different. A bunch of people, all high, and 1 ding dong does something stupid, and before you know it, everyone starts turning into a ding dong.( When we can probably agree that they wouldn't normally do that).
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Pot Rally in Vancouver

Post by steven lloyd »

twobits wrote: Consider this though. MJ is a pretty benign drug in the scale of things. It has also been around and used for thousands of years without problems by countless cultures around the world......unlike your oxy's, Vicodin etc that no one is going to grow in their garden. I guess my question would be "is MJ a drug we need to move to the pharmaceutical companies bottom line only to make it so expensive that a black market is guaranteed to continue"? Far more people have died as a result of trying to be the vendor of MJ than anyone that actually uses it.

It could be a cottage industry. Much like the Okanagan wineries. Production and distribution could be regulated and taxed. People could be hired and employed and we could have the economic spin-off benefits from that (instead of jailing them). Our marijuana prohibition laws have caused so much more harm and cost society so much than marijuana use ever has or ever will. Just legalize it, regulate it and be done with the archaic, costly and destructive prohibitionist nonsense. Argument over.

twobits wrote: I see no reason why anyone should not be able to grow up to 5 potted plants at a time for their own use whatsoever. Live and let live.

Just like people can make their own wine or brew their own beer. If it is not for you, fine;
but if they are not hurting you or anyone else then mind your own effing business.

Return to “B.C.”