Crackdown on loud pipes

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Crackdown on loud pipes

Post by MAPearce »

How is it smoke and mirrors when we even know which three departments are obtaining additional funding, that didn't exist without this revenue?

Wait for it Grasshopper .... Wait for it...

It was a question I asked .

We know where its going but not to whom or for what .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

KL3-Something wrote:And before Kelowna starts to focus on any traffic-related issues they first have to dedicate more than three members to full-time traffic enforcement.

I think it is all members need to take a active part in enforcement instead of turning the other way at a intersection it would be better!

I've seen it and all members need to pull up there breeches and take ownership of this City.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Have you seen the file load that general duty members in Kelowna carry? The sad reality is that they simply don't have the time to devote to meaningful general traffic enforcement.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

You mean you just don't drive around all day long ignoring everything that goes on. Shocking!
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

KL3-Something wrote:Have you seen the file load that general duty members in Kelowna carry? The sad reality is that they simply don't have the time to devote to meaningful general traffic enforcement.

I agree... How much resource was wasted on the "prank call" on Leon the other day ?

I'm not bashing BTW , just pointing out the obvious.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Crackdown on loud pipes in the Okanagan highly doubt it will ever happen, better off just getting MP3 player of your choice & your favourites tunes. Block out the sounds of loud pipes (oh don't use headphones or buds while driving. lol).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Smurf wrote:You mean you just don't drive around all day long ignoring everything that goes on. Shocking!

But do you know the file load. !/2 hour for coffee instead of over a hour, you have time for a minimum of one ticket. I've been there done that, you can make time if you have drive!
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Well, If you want to start timing breaks...one twelve hour shift entitles a member to one and a half hours of meal breaks. Sometimes they take three 1/2 hr breaks. Sometimes it gets split between two breaks. Sometimes it's one. Sometimes it's none and they have to stuff their face with grub as they drive between calls.

If you have "been there and done that" in the non-union policing environment then you would know that. The solution is not as simple as you make it seem.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

KL3-Something wrote:Well, If you want to start timing breaks...one twelve hour shift entitles a member to one and a half hours of meal breaks. Sometimes they take three 1/2 hr breaks. Sometimes it gets split between two breaks. Sometimes it's one. Sometimes it's none and they have to stuff their face with grub as they drive between calls.

If you have "been there and done that" in the non-union policing environment then you would know that. The solution is not as simple as you make it seem.

Its ok, it's only a observation I have made. I used to stop at the same coffee stop and seemed to see the same group of members several times a day. No need to explain yourself! But thanks.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Well, If you want to start timing breaks..

Yeah.... coming from one of the ultimate "bashers" on these forums , the last thing I would ever chirp about is a human having enough time to take a leak , poop or get some food...

Cops don't have the time to do that , never mind patrol for noise.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

I love how people who are breakers of the law, are always the ones who use words like "bashers" and "what about the prank call" to try to make a point. And "such a waste of your tax money". Losers.

Those of us that can actually afford to pay our taxes, are very thankful for what the police/firefighters/EMT's do.

What I find even funnier, is that NO one ever replies to these losers posts.

Well yeah, I did reply, but only to make fun of them.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Perhaps meeting for coffee sometimes is work related so they can share information of what is going on that day/evening. More importantly, why are those complaining stalking the police? Get a life.

Anyways, I think it is about time the police start ticketing the Sons of Anarchy wanna be's loud bikes. Can you say mid-life crisis!
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Static wrote:Perhaps meeting for coffee sometimes is work related so they can share information of what is going on that day/evening. More importantly, why are those complaining stalking the police? Get a life.

Anyways, I think it is about time the police start ticketing the Sons of Anarchy wanna be's loud bikes. Can you say mid-life crisis!

Meet for coffee..neet idea.

Trust me, there are many on Castanet that totally slag the police. And I know a few of them personally, and understand why they act that way. But at the end of the day, they are still total losers.

I have a really loud bike (not really). 2010 Ultraglide, but engine is built up to 113 cc...yeah as big as it can get bored out to. (still kiind of quiet) But really *bleep* fast...

I've had half a dozen choppers, and a couple race bikes...this *bleep* ultraglide is SO much faster than any of those bikes. It's so fast, it's sick...

If my bike really causes that much grief, then I will gladly pay any and all fines.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

onestop67 wrote:I love how people who are breakers of the law, are always the ones who use words like "bashers" and "what about the prank call" to try to make a point. And "such a waste of your tax money". Losers.

Those of us that can actually afford to pay our taxes, are very thankful for what the police/firefighters/EMT's do.

What I find even funnier, is that NO one ever replies to these losers posts.

Well yeah, I did reply, but only to make fun of them.

Boy, you sure missed all of it, didn't you ? If you actually read from the eh beginning, you'd have got that I actually support ticket and motor vehicle fine revenue staying in the community that it is generated in to support the obvious need of traffic enforcement... I guess I'm a loser...

I also support the investigation and prosecution of those responsible for "prank calls" waste time and resources when they are obviously already stretched to the limit already... Nevermind wasting you tax dollars that you suggest I can't afford to pay....I guess that makes me a loser..

But at least as a lower, I can tell when someone is supporting something or not.....

That's a loser IMO..... take a bow, loser.
yaktak
Fledgling

Post by yaktak »

MAPearce wrote:
I also support the investigation and prosecution of those responsible for "prank calls" waste time and resources when they are obviously already stretched to the limit already..r.

You are also the person who made a big deal, and called police about someone taking pictures of your house. Waste of police services?

Return to “B.C.”