Fracking Triggered 2014 Earthquake

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Fracking Triggered 2014 Earthquake

Post by maryjane48 »

A natural gas operation that halted work after a 4.6-magnitude earthquake in northeastern B.C. last week has been linked to the largest earthquake in the province that's been attributed to fracking.

Progress Energy, which is owned by Malaysia's Petronas, paused its operations after the quake on Aug. 17 that occurred 114 kilometres from Fort St. John.

The B.C. Oil and Gas Commission says hydraulic fracturing — or fracking — by the same company triggered a 4.4-magnitude earthquake that was felt in Fort St. John and Fort Nelson in August 2014.

A report by the commission says fracking has caused nearly 200 seismic events in the Montney Trend, which stretches from the B.C.-Alberta boundary near Dawson Creek to the B.C. Rocky Mountain foothills.

The report that investigated the process of fluid injection to extract natural gas looked into quakes recorded between August 2013 and October 2014.

A statement from B.C.'s minister for natural gas development, Rich Coleman, says drilling must stop immediately if seismic activity reaches 4.0 or higher and the commission must be notified.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/08/26 ... 46188.html

looks like bc is set to become more shakey :)
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Fracking Triggered 2014 Earthquake

Post by the truth »

fracking is--------------BAD NEWS--------------
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

I would personally be very interested in the science behind this conclusion that fracking caused a 4 plus earthquake.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Gotta call bs on this I seriously doubt we are capable of causing an earthquake
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

LTD wrote:Gotta call bs on this I seriously doubt we are capable of causing an earthquake

http://news.discovery.com/earth/could-f ... 150116.htm
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

The 4.5 earthquake last week was suspected of being caused by them. I believe they were shut down while the investigation continues...
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

LTD wrote:Gotta call bs on this I seriously doubt we are capable of causing an earthquake

Are you working for one of the BAS*TARDS that are causing all the water, gas etc. problems in south dakota, oklahome etc>
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

You seriously underestimate the tremendous ability man has to destroy the planet.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the article i posted said it was caused by fracking . not possibly . and other quake have been caused by fracking.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

jamapple wrote:http://earthquake.usgs.gov/research/induced/myths.php

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/ener ... y-fracking

Food for thought.

but the earthquakes being reported is from fracking not wastewater injection. this is just a smokescreen

Return to “B.C.”