J.T. says no tankers for BC coast

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: J.T. says no tankers for BC coast

Post by Donald G »

Science lead ??

There is a reason why they are called politicians rather than scientists.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

vinnied wrote:Okay was pretty much done with this thread and all the the trolls trying to get there rocks off, but just for *bleep* and giggles and the entertainment of others, I'll bite.

"Troll buddies"? In the future if you don't want your thoughts being replied to, I suggest keeping them to yourself and refrain from posting them on a discussion forum.

vinnied wrote: Why do you and all your troll buddies think I'm part of this save the inviroment, save the ocean movement?

The first part of my post was directed at you - the second part was a blanket statement directed to those who live in a delusional world thinking that they're saving the planet by saying "no" to tankers or pipelines as they fill up their SUVs with a tankful of hypocrisy.

My apologies that I didn't separate my post in a more legible manner.

vinnied wrote:And do you really believe the high price of fuel is the fault of protesters?

Absolutely. Or do you honestly believe that the end price will not be affected by less efficient modes of getting the product to the market?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

until there is a real effort to get away from oil everyone has no choice but to use oil based products , so your argument is childish and not very intelligent
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Dizzy1 wrote:"Troll buddies"? In the future if you don't want your thoughts being replied to, I suggest keeping them to yourself and refrain from posting them on a discussion forum.
Ive explained myself over and over in this thread, and most people who can read can come to the conclusion I am in no way against a pipeline being built.

The first part of my post was directed at you - the second part was a blanket statement directed to those who live in a delusional world thinking that they're saving the planet by saying "no" to tankers or pipelines as they fill up their SUVs with a tankful of hypocrisy.
Actually your exact words were
"The irony is all you who are so blind to the reality of our dependency on oil are the same ones who are boo-hooing when the price of the end product goes up because you're protesting more efficient and safer ways to get to the product to the consumer which includes yourself".
My apologies that I didn't separate my post in a more legible manner.
No need to seperate it. pretty clear what you wrote. All in the interpretation I suppose.

Absolutely. Or do you honestly believe that the end price will not be affected by less efficient modes of getting the product to the market?

The price is what it is. were being gouged. building a pipeline isnt going to make our costs at the pumps any cheaper
Last edited by vinnied on Nov 22nd, 2015, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Dizzy1 wrote:the second part was a blanket statement directed to those who live in a delusional world thinking that they're saving the planet by saying "no" to tankers or pipelines as they fill up their SUVs with a tankful of hypocrisy.

I'm in favor of pipelines but not the Northern Gateway pipeline ( that pipeline was to carry bitumen not crude oil ).
Even some of the most right wingers on these forums have said that pipeline was a bad idea from the get go.
And the " No Tankers " only affects the Northern region of B.C. so the tankers in the Port Metro Vancouver are not affected by this. Business as usual.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Since pipelines have proven the safest way to transport clean or dirty oil what system are those wanting to stop pipelines wanting the world to use ??

Stopping the shipment of all oil would cause an immediate and complete collapse of the world economy. I do not see any intelligent person advocating we end the use of oil

And alternate sources of energy are not yet available in the quantities required, so what is Canada and the rest of the world expected to do ??
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

It's rather odd that people are worried about a big tanker that might leak but are relatively unconcerned that one big tanker emits as many pollutants into the air as 75 million vehicles every year.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

vinnied wrote:
The price is what it is. were being gouged. building a pipeline isnt going to make our costs at the pumps any cheaper

You are absolutely correct.....building pipelines won't lower the price of fuel at the pumps for you or anyone. That is however a very myopic view. It is actually a rather self centered selfish view when your consideration is only about how many liters 20 bucks will put into your fuel tank.
How bout instead the next time you need a hospital bed or an xray you consider the royalties that oil covered to enable that service for you. Canada is a resource economy and oil is one of our resources that have given you the lifestyle you enjoy yet you seem so be so totally ignorant of that reality and willing to cut off one of the three legs of your stool because the only thing you are capable of understanding an rationalizing in your own little myopic naive world is the price of gasoline at the pumps.
Lord help us with a majority of people with your cognitive ability showing up at the voting booth.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

twobits wrote:
You are absolutely correct.....building pipelines won't lower the price of fuel at the pumps for you or anyone. That is however a very myopic view. It is actually a rather self centered selfish view when your consideration is only about how many liters 20 bucks will put into your fuel tank.
How bout instead the next time you need a hospital bed or an xray you consider the royalties that oil covered to enable that service for you. Canada is a resource economy and oil is one of our resources that have given you the lifestyle you enjoy yet you seem so be so totally ignorant of that reality and willing to cut off one of the three legs of your stool because the only thing you are capable of understanding an rationalizing in your own little myopic naive world is the price of gasoline at the pumps.
Lord help us with a majority of people with your cognitive ability showing up at the voting booth.

I get where your coming from, but lets just back up a little shall we
Vinnied asks - "do you really believe the high price of fuel is the fault of protesters?"
Dizz1 answers with - "Absolutely. Or do you honestly believe that the end price will not be affected by less efficient modes of getting the product to the market?"
So then WTH are you even talking about? The discussion I was talking about, was the price at the pumps, but in typical Castanet forum fashion someone like yourself has to take it and twist it around to suit their own agenda just to be-little another poster.
But thanks for your 2 cents.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 24th, 2015, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

vinnied wrote:The price is what it is. were being gouged. building a pipeline isnt going to make our costs at the pumps any cheaper

No, it won't make it cheaper - but the higher the costs to ship, such as rail, that increase in cost to the oil companies will reflect on the price of the end product, so we'll see higher prices on a more consistent level.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “B.C.”