Lane Hogs Beware

Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Lane Hogs Beware

Post by Gixxer »

Smurf wrote:Gixxer, one thing that really surprises me is that you mention 5th wheels. I find motorhomes, older gas models and travel trailers much slower. I find that most 5th wheelers are larger diesel trucks trying to play trucker and pushing do you think possibly many of them are on vacation and not familiar with the road so are driving a bit more cautious. When I do find myself in those positions it is frequently behind an out of province vehicle or rental camper. Again that is not an excuse but it is something that is going to happen, especially in a tourist province like ours. All I can say is it is time for everyone to suck it up, cool down and keep their heads about them, because it is life in the fast lane.

It was 1 example of many. Red plate season is torture, and most are pulling 5th wheels.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I see you like to commercial driver bash with the typical "professional driver" line. I dont considered myself a professional driver nor do I call myself one for the simple fact that people like yourself love to use "professional driver" as a way to deflect and discredit Class 1 commercial drivers.

I see you agree that it becomes a frustrating situation when someone is on your tail even when your driving the speed limit. If thats the case why not end the frustration for yourself and the drivers behind you by slowing down and let them pass? Ive done it lots, and its amazing how much more relaxing a drive can be when your not constantly looking in the rear view mirror at someone on your tail.

Your reply is interesting in that the post you are referring to was well presented with no judgements being offered, simply anecdotal evidence based on experience and yet you found fault?

His reference to professional drivers is accurate at least to the degree that my own experience will support his statement and as far as slowing down to let others pass, that is only useful if the morons behind you understand that is what you are doing and act appropriately by passing when safe and acknowledging the good deed with an appropriate toot of the horn.

The more likely scenario however would be that the already frustrated trailing drivers would see this as an indication that the driver of the RV is dumber than marbles and doesn't know where he is and is slowing to read a road sign further igniting the fury of the followers resulting in highway carnage as one of them attempts to pass the entire line in his 4 cylinder Hyundai pony and is met head on by a moose being chased by an ATVer from Balzac who is here on vacation from his job as mouse *bleep* counter for the Alberta Governments department of Agriculture.

There's your likely scenario.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

mexicalidreamer wrote:

His reference to professional drivers is accurate at least to the degree that my own experience will support his statement and as far as slowing down to let others pass, that is only useful if the morons behind you understand that is what you are doing and act appropriately by passing when safe and acknowledging the good deed with an appropriate toot of the horn.

Your comments prove that you're a danger on the road. Morons behind you? How about slowing down and activating the right-hand signal, or hazards to let them know its ok to pass. Its really not that hard to do and you would be surprised at how many of those "Morons Behind You" will understand your intent.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Its really not that hard to do and you would be surprised at how many of those "Morons Behind You" will understand your intent.

Your comments prove that you're a danger on the road.

Wow. All you need for proof is me calling morons morons? You should be a lawyer. Or maybe a judge.

Surely you aren't disagreeing with me that when people find themselves stuck behind the behemoth on wheels that they don't' act like morons? It's human nature.

And I would be surprised if ONE understood what it meant, hence the moron statement.

I can hear it now. "Your honor, I honestly thought he was trying to tell me to pass him when he turned on his blinker so I did. Who would a thought he would turn right in to the Log Barn?"

Me thinks you are trying to defend your own behavior when inconvenienced in such ways? Are we impatient? Have we been impatient to where we took unnecessary risks? Hmmmmmmm?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “B.C.”