Site C

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Site C

Post by Smurf »

No one on the no side has had an answer backed by facts. Only maybe, could, possibly but nothing verifiable, nothing. That includes Weaver and I wrote both him and Horgan with no reply. That is because there is no answer that is not just political.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Greens' Weaver convinced NDP will support Site C, an 'irritating' decision
Published on: November 17, 2017
Weaver said the Greens, who have an agreement to back the minority government in the legislature, will remind the NDP at every opportunity about its change of position if it keeps the project going.

“We’ll add that to the collection of things we find really irritating that you’ve done,” he said.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... sion-looms
Bring back the LIKE button.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Longtime NDPers say Site C past point of no return

VICTORIA — With the fate of Site C hanging in the balance, some longtime NDP supporters and advisers made the case Wednesday that the controversial hydro dam has indeed gone past the point of no return.
Published on: November 16, 2017

Wind? “To replace Site C with wind power would require 17 new wind plants at a capital cost of $4.1 billion.” The resulting power, being intermittent, would not be as valuable as hydro.

But cancellation would mean writing off the $2.1 billion Hydro has already spent plus incurring almost $2 billion in remediation and other costs. The $4 billion would have to be absorbed into electricity rates while Hydro, with nothing to show for it, started from scratch to develop alternatives.

Site C critics may seethe at all this material. But they are no more the intended audience than the public.

http://vancouversun.com/opinion/columni ... -no-return
Bring back the LIKE button.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Dopey Horgan better listen to the majority of Castanetters.

Should the Site C dam project be completed?

Total Votes: 6919
Yes 77.47%
No 18.89%
Undecided 3.64%
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

If I were Horgan, the last people I would listen to are the Castanet voters who also voted for Christy and her motley crew last time. They're the most clueless people in B.C.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Cactusflower wrote:If I were Horgan, the last people I would listen to are the Castanet voters who also voted for Christy and her motley crew last time. They're the most clueless people in B.C.

The only clueless people are the blind NDP sheep.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cactusflower wrote:If I were Horgan, the last people I would listen to are the Castanet voters who also voted for Christy and her motley crew last time. They're the most clueless people in B.C.

Doesn't say much calling Castanet voters the most clueless people in BC. People can't vote for who they choose now?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Fancy wrote:

Doesn't say much calling Castanet voters the most clueless people in BC. People can't vote for who they choose now?

Of course they can, and do. That was my point.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

So let me guess who the most clued-in people in BC are in your opinion - Lana Popham and Claire Trevena right? Two of the dumbest people in the NDP, who want to see Site C killed, along with KM pipeline and billions of dollars of infrastructure spending and thousands of jobs, right? These are "clued in" people right? The kind that want to kill the BC economy with no thought whatsover to consequences of their actions, right? Those are the "smart" people of BC. Just unbelievable.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

There is support for the Site C dam throughout the province despite the misinformation campaign waged by the NO side. As rustled mentioned the other day, Horgan will do what's best for the NDP, i.e. he'll do what's best for him politically. As things stand there is a big downside to cancelling the project, laying off all those workers, and throwing away $4 billion. I don't have much faith in Horgan but because allowing the project to continue is in his best political interests I believe he will decide to do just that.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You don't say "best interests for BC" just "best political interests." But what if he really does green light it for BC?

Forever the anti-NDP crowd will have pigeonholed him with "best political interests."

Is that fair? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Queen K wrote:You don't say "best interests for BC" just "best political interests." But what if he really does green light it for BC?

Forever the anti-NDP crowd will have pigeonholed him with "best political interests."

He's looking at what's best for him and his party. He's talked about GHG's, as has Weaver, but if they were really concerned about GHG's and the Paris commitments et al then the decision to proceed with Site C would already have been made. It's all about political calculations and it looks as if Horgan will do the right thing for political reasons. Still, regardless of his motivation, if he does give the green light to the project being completed it will be the right thing.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:You don't say "best interests for BC" just "best political interests." But what if he really does green light it for BC?

I think that if he does green light it, the only thing to tag Horgan with is this idiotic delay he's caused and the needless time spent on the useless BCUC "study". What a giant waste of time and energy. I assume all of the NDP pigs have now fed sufficiently at the trough and they can finish this stupid charade and move forward with Site C. If Weaver doesn't have the courage to pull the plug on this abortion of a government then I think we'll still have lots of stupid decisions to pigeon-hole dummy John with going forward. Fortunately Site C won't be one of them. And thank goodness for that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You and Urbane just said the same thing, but guess who's more fun to read.

I still say, If Premier Horgan and Dr. Weaver agree to greenlight Site C, it's due to BC's best interest. We'll agree to disagree?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

I think that if he does green light it, the only thing to tag Horgan with is this idiotic delay he's caused and the needless time spent on the useless BCUC "study". What a giant waste of time and energy. I assume all of the NDP pigs have now fed sufficiently at the trough and they can finish this stupid charade and move forward with Site C. If Weaver doesn't have the courage to pull the plug on this abortion of a government then I think we'll still have lots of stupid decisions to pigeon-hole dummy John with going forward. Fortunately Site C won't be one of them. And thank goodness for that.

Horgan's political dilly-dallying will end up costing an extra $600 million whether we move forward or not.

$600 million to buy votes in the clued-out LML that Horgan sees his support base. That makes the $500 million fast ferry debacle look like a hell of a deal for taxpayers.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “B.C.”