Site C

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Site C

Post by alanjh595 »

So therefore you agree that wind turbines are an impediment to wildlife. Great, now we are getting somewhere.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I would not say everything that affects them but do agree that we are having a huge adverse affect on wildlife. The more we invade the interface the worse it will get. But honestly I believe that site C will be less invasive in the end than the alternatives. That is my opinion from what I have studied.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Smurf wrote:I would not say everything that affects them but do agree that we are having a huge adverse affect on wildlife. The more we invade the interface the worse it will get. But honestly I believe that site C will be less invasive in the end than the alternatives. That is my opinion from what I have studied.

Each of us has an opinion on this. After several years and many pages of discussion on this topic, it looks as though nobody's going to change their opinions, so maybe it's best just to agree to disagree.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

This discussion just goes round and round. People who had an opinion at the beginning, still have the same opinion now. I don't know if that's because we just don't LISTEN to one another, or because we're so sure we're right we're not willing to even CONSIDER the other's point of view. But it sure makes discussion seem pointless, doesn't it?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Merry wrote:But it sure makes discussion seem pointless, doesn't it?

The discussion in here is not for us. It's for the undecided reader. Should somebody read the items posted here, they may accept one argument or another.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Merry wrote:This discussion just goes round and round. People who had an opinion at the beginning, still have the same opinion now. I don't know if that's because we just don't LISTEN to one another, or because we're so sure we're right we're not willing to even CONSIDER the other's point of view. But it sure makes discussion seem pointless, doesn't it?

Why on earth would you expect those whose opinion is based on solid facts, evidence, and research, to be swayed by those who manufacture their "facts", dig them up from biased sources, and flat out ignore specifics crucial to the discussion, such as all the alternative energy sources being heavily subsidized, and all the cheap prices they quote never including delivery to the consumer?

You can't have a fruitful discussion with irrational minds.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Merry wrote:This discussion just goes round and round. People who had an opinion at the beginning, still have the same opinion now. I don't know if that's because we just don't LISTEN to one another, or because we're so sure we're right we're not willing to even CONSIDER the other's point of view. But it sure makes discussion seem pointless, doesn't it?

Hmm.....looks like it's a little bit of both. And you're right Merry, discussion does seem pointless, so I'm going on another sabbatical. I thought when the NDP cabinet made its decision, this thread would just peter out, but it never did. Seems the anti-Site C people think there's still a chance the project can be stopped, and the pro-Site C people are still determined to dash their aspirations. Who knows when it will end? But it's been an interesting and lively discussion, to be sure,and I've learned a lot about renewable energy.......and human nature, too.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

There's only so much you can say and do with a zealot who refuses to grasp even basic math to suit an economy-killing agenda. So really the point isn't to convince the zealot, they are far too gone mentally to ever consider logic and reason. It's for those reading these posts to decide who is right. Hopefully all we can do is pull the mask off of the Big Green con job and expose these horrible fraudsters for the terrible people they truly are.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:Seems the anti-Site C people think there's still a chance the project can be stopped, and the pro-Site C people are still determined to dash their aspirations..

The word "aspirations" should be reserved for positive goals, not negative society-hurting evil agendas.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Australia turns to hydroelectric as part of the plan to fix their electricity grid after wind and solar trashed it: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-20/malcolm-turnbull-argues-snowy-hydro-2.0-is-good-to-go/9277368

"The project will act as a giant 2,000 megawatt battery in the centre of the National Energy Market, providing enough power for 500,000 homes and much-needed backup for the increasing amount of wind and solar coming into the system," Mr Turnbull said.

So... an ANOTHER $2-3 billion in taxpayer money being thrown at the windy-solar problem!

It won't be enough. Australia has coal plant after coal plant being shut down, with no replacement of the needed dispatchable generation capacity.

Australia now has some of the highest electricity prices in the world, and those prices are forecast to continue climbing at about 7% per year...

IF you look at the graphs here: http://reneweconomy.com.au/graph-of-the-day-australian-retail-electricity-prices-in-2020-2020/

You can see that as wind and solar "gathered steam", the system end prices went nuts. If you look at figure 12, the implied ancillary system costs for wind and solar are $102/MWh.

I am sooo glad that site C is proceeding. We can avoid this nonsense. Hopefully by the time we need more electricity, EGS enhanced geothermal will have proven out (cross fingers).
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 7296516759

Editorials against site c debackle :smt045

Rates going up 6.5 percent
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Site 'C'
'C', which is 'C' as in Cristy Clark, was substantially a hydro power dam to supply electricity to LNG large liquification Cooling Compressors.

Talk about vanity! Nice to see the current gov keeping the name going in C's honour.
C missed the boat on the current LNG bonanza. Maybe another time in the future, as the gas is still stored in the ground(money in the bank) and the world LNG demand will eventually deplete the current world LNG supply. At least C didn't get us roped into a bad LNG royalty deal like Austraila signed into.
Last edited by nepal on Dec 28th, 2017, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:
Editorials against site c debackle :smt045

But Site C isn't a debacle, so these people must be woefully uninformed, or just really stupid.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

nepal wrote:.
Site 'C'
'C', which is 'C' as in Cristy Clark, was substantially a hydro power dam to supply electricity to LNG large liquification Cooling Compressors.

Talk about vanity! Nice to see the current gov keeping the name going in C's honour.

In case you weren't aware, site c has been the area's designation since the 1960s
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

nepal wrote:.
Site 'C'

LordEd wrote:In case you weren't aware, site c has been the area's designation since the 1960s

Look at you spoiling a poorly thought out and ignorant rant with pesky facts and such.

Return to “B.C.”