Police raid pot shops

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Police raid pot shops

Post by Ken7 »

maryjane48 wrote:

lol how do you know the are enforcing a law ? read the scoc ruling on medical pot and then repost . if a teenager goes to dentist then get a script for a painkiller with a opiate in it , does the teenager need a adult to buy the medicine ? does the pharmacy get raided because the sold a shceduale 1 (sp) drug ? this is why the rcmp needs to leave the medical places alone .

I am not certain if what you are suggesting is correct.

I believe at this time the Crown Prosecutors are waiting for the Federal Governments directions. IF what you are suggesting to be true, the RCMP would not have entered the distributors stores and warned them to shut it down.

The other thing many have not considered, you nor I can sell prescription drugs to prescribed patients. That is against the law as you are not licensed to do so.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i never suggested that anyone can sell scripts .i simply asked why a pharmacy can sell sched 1 drugs but a medical marijuana cant sell pot when pot is less of a drug than booze or nicatine is .and the scoc has ruled that people who get prescribed mary jane have a right to consume it any form a doctor and or themselves feel is best and have unrestricted access to be able to obtain it . what the scoc didnt say was it had to be purchased and or from certain companies ie the ones that ghe harper bozos changed to be companies they approved themselves
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

technicaly can the cops shut these places down ? thanks to the way ambrose and harper changed what was in place before which worked fine , probably , but all they are doing is once again forcing law abiding people to get the medicine from folks who might not be as clean cut or professional than a commpassion club . and the fact the rcmp sent out warning letters with no mention of selling to minors as the reason for the impending raids means only one thing . they did not think through how folks in general will view this and had to come up with an excuse to do a terrible thing imo
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

maryjane48 wrote:technicaly can the cops shut these places down ? thanks to the way ambrose and harper changed what was in place before which worked fine , probably , but all they are doing is once again forcing law abiding people to get the medicine from folks who might not be as clean cut or professional than a commpassion club . and the fact the rcmp sent out warning letters with no mention of selling to minors as the reason for the impending raids means only one thing . they did not think through how folks in general will view this and had to come up with an excuse to do a terrible thing imo

Technically
I'd suggest yes. The shop fall short of being legal. Why they are not, I suggest the Crown says hold on they too are likely trying to get direction.

As for the old system...really???????????????????????/ It failed terribly!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

how did the old system fail ? the compassion clubs wont sell .to anyone without a prescription just like a pharmacy wont .atleast under the old wording the cops werent running around shutting down the compassion clubs . and since we do know that it is going to be made legal for rec use , whats point of shutting down the places that were trying to help real people that need to have the weed as medicine ? how is this making anyone safer when folks health can be affected to the point of cruelty to not let them have it . ptsd which affects even police themselves will get it from where ? the evidence locker ? it is going to force people to buy from blackmarket . it doesnt make sense to me imo
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/153 ... stop-sales

The City of Vernon and RCMP “were fully aware of our business intentions months and years in advance of us opening and we understood that we were operating under a non-enforcement policy with their tacit approval.

“We have complied with all the direction and feedback we received from these officials and have operated openly, transparently and responsibly.”

Seems to me like these dispensaries knew all along they were operating outside the law. They had to realize that it could end at any time. It is no different than someone driving 10 over the limit. It is currently being overlooked but they are operating illegally and can be charged at any time. When are people going to realize the law is the law until it is changed. People disobey police orders and then cry like babies when something happens to them. Maybe it's time we started using our brains for what they are meant for, thinking.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

your missing the point which i think ken7 gets is that simply , your doing more harm than good by doing this . the one i go to is 8 dollars a gram . more expensive than blackmarket but doable for me and i used it . now if it gets shutdown my money will go to lowest bidder .who ever that may be because i need to have it to function with out chronic pain . there is no other drug that works the same . same as epilepsy . no othere drug works like weed does
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

maryjane48 wrote:your missing the point which i think ken7 gets is that simply , your doing more harm than good by doing this . the one i go to is 8 dollars a gram . more expensive than blackmarket but doable for me and i used it . now if it gets shutdown my money will go to lowest bidder .who ever that may be because i need to have it to function with out chronic pain . there is no other drug that works the same . same as epilepsy . no othere drug works like weed does

And right or wrong, you'd have to take this to the politicians to change. Right now, the laws are the same as they were under Harper because Trudeau hasn't enacted any changes yet. It hasn't passed through the House, and nobody actually knows what the details of the new law will be, which is why law enforcement are acting on existing laws, not trying to predict upcoming laws.

In short, it's still not legal to sell marijuana at storefronts, many which do not have business licenses. This is going to be true until the government changes that.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

but at same time it is not legal to restrict access , at least according to the scoc

A former cannabis club head baker at the centre of a Supreme Court of Canada ruling is both thrilled and relieved after the high court struck down limits on what constitutes legally acceptable medical marijuana products.

Smith was charged after police found hundreds of pot cookies and cannabis-infused olive and grapeseed oils in his Victoria apartment. He was acquitted at trial and won an appeal.

Limiting medical marijuana use to dried pot “limits life, liberty and security of the person” in two ways, the court said.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2048816/supre ... dical-pot/
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

maryjane48 wrote:how did the old system fail ? the compassion clubs wont sell .to anyone without a prescription just like a pharmacy wont .atleast under the old wording the cops werent running around shutting down the compassion clubs . and since we do know that it is going to be made legal for rec use , whats point of shutting down the places that were trying to help real people that need to have the weed as medicine ? how is this making anyone safer when folks health can be affected to the point of cruelty to not let them have it . ptsd which affects even police themselves will get it from where ? the evidence locker ? it is going to force people to buy from blackmarket . it doesnt make sense to me imo

i agree with what your saying, but i would not blame the rcmp, they must of had a phone call from an ottawa higher up to go ahead and do this--why- ? is the question
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
crazylike

Post by crazylike »

well you see if your watching the news you will have seen how the gov is going around and methodically closing the shops or stopping them from selling to people.
this is still considered trafficking. as pot is still illegal
see just cause the gov was able to fool these people into a sense of false security doesn't mean they not gonna come along and arrest em all for selling weed.
trafficking is trafficking.
after all we all know the gov don't like competition.
and after its legal the charge will become boot legging which carry's a much higher penalty.
i get my info through my uncle who is a lawyer for three pot shops in vancouver.
this won't fall under entrapment either as the pot shop owners opened of there own free will knowing its still federally illegal
the fact that you can buy a license is neither here nor there. that's provincial.
the police have been told not to bother people or businesses unless there seen leaving the stores with over a qp of weed
then there to be arrested for trafficking.
the reason the gov wants people to open dispensaries is so they can get rid of the big competition. obviously the people opening these places have connections to the drug world so the gov is using there own greed to let them entrap themselves.
the other thing people don't understand is the gov only has released 5 types of medical pot available for dispensaries, so all these ones with more then 5 kinds are the ones getting shut down the quickest because its blatantly obvious these people arn't following the rules and buying only from health canada, which is what there supposed to do.
sry people are so trusting in the gov and for some crazy reason think the gov has there best interests at heart.
they don't never have and never will.

so far all pot shops in nanaimo and vernon bc been closed
there more closures coming.
watch the news and see for yourselves.
if you have friends and family in the business sry about there luck start signing your belongings to other family members if you wanna own anything after the raids.

Return to “B.C.”