Police raid pot shops

crazylike

Police raid pot shops

Post by crazylike »

so its looking as the government is going to be forcing closure of the medical marijuana stores.
As they have diffrent plans then to let normal business people run the marijuana business.
it is painfully obvious that Trudeau has come to the understanding he cannot raise the price of the green stuff like he wanted.
in order to make the money his gov will need, to keep all the promises he has made. so in order to rectify this situation he and his gov want to sell the green stuff through liquor stores. (which are gov controlled), but i still not sure why they would want to sell a medicine at a liquor store. i'm of the opionion if they want to have the control of it they seem to be pushing for why its not dispenced more like medicine and sold over the counter at a drugstore by a pharmacist.
either way i do not see this coming out good for the people who have paid there 30G for a business license to sell it while still illegal these people are just gonna be the first to occupy the new jails that have been built.
govs gotta fill there new jails some how, and for vancouver its a free 3 mill.
you think about it. its a good way for the gov to find out who the big players are in the marijuana game and to cut the head off the marijuana under ground.
watch your back people the gov won't do it for you...
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: police raid pot shops

Post by Hassel99 »

It does not look like that at all.

Parliament has not even had a chance to sit yet, slow your roll drama lama.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: police raid pot shops

Post by TylerM4 »

crazylike wrote:so its looking as the government is going to be forcing closure of the medical marijuana stores.
As they have diffrent plans then to let normal business people run the marijuana business.
it is painfully obvious that Trudeau has come to the understanding he cannot raise the price of the green stuff like he wanted.
in order to make the money his gov will need, to keep all the promises he has made. so in order to rectify this situation he and his gov want to sell the green stuff through liquor stores. (which are gov controlled), but i still not sure why they would want to sell a medicine at a liquor store. i'm of the opionion if they want to have the control of it they seem to be pushing for why its not dispenced more like medicine and sold over the counter at a drugstore by a pharmacist.
either way i do not see this coming out good for the people who have paid there 30G for a business license to sell it while still illegal these people are just gonna be the first to occupy the new jails that have been built.
govs gotta fill there new jails some how, and for vancouver its a free 3 mill.
you think about it. its a good way for the gov to find out who the big players are in the marijuana game and to cut the head off the marijuana under ground.
watch your back people the gov won't do it for you...

So... sources?

" so in order to rectify this situation he and his gov want to sell the green stuff through liquor stores." Uhhh. I heard the union for BC liquor stores is suggesting this strategy. I have heard nothing about this idea from the government - much less a suggestion that they are interested in investigating that option. Where did you get this information from?

I'm sorry but I suspect your rant is mostly based on incorrect information and suggest your time may be better spent researching the topic.
toomuchstuff55

Re: Police raid pot shops

Post by toomuchstuff55 »

I voted in Justin to RID the Canadian Society of this UTTER harassment of RCMp (whom have a mere 5 ....MONTH.....training ......in Regina Saskabush. This is a FULL 7 months ....LESS...than a DENTAL.....ASSISTANT whom must go to "school" for 12 months.)

I have NO respect for RCMP whom have 5 months of training, & BULLY Canadian society,.... let alone HARASS pot shops whom have been given BUSINESS LICENCES. This is an OUTRAGE. I want my tax dollars back...you know,,,,...the TAX dollars that pay an RCMP officer an immediate $90,000.00/yr salary PLUS ALL BENEFITS straight out of their ...hmmm..."school".

RCMP: go find REAL criminals..... you know,...like ppl who BLOW up buildings 7 use AK-47's on innocnet lives. Not ..."pot-shops".

What an UTTER ...WASTE ....of MY TAX dollars.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

toomuchstuff55 wrote:I voted in Justin to RID the Canadian Society of this UTTER harassment of RCMp (whom have a mere 5 ....MONTH.....training ......in Regina Saskabush. This is a FULL 7 months ....LESS...than a DENTAL.....ASSISTANT whom must go to "school" for 12 months.)

I have NO respect for RCMP whom have 5 months of training, & BULLY Canadian society,.... let alone HARASS pot shops whom have been given BUSINESS LICENCES. This is an OUTRAGE. I want my tax dollars back...you know,,,,...the TAX dollars that pay an RCMP officer an immediate $90,000.00/yr salary PLUS ALL BENEFITS straight out of their ...hmmm..."school".

RCMP: go find REAL criminals..... you know,...like ppl who BLOW up buildings 7 use AK-47's on innocnet lives. Not ..."pot-shops".

I'm not certain where you have gotten your facts. Your post is full of incorrect information, and just so you realize it a City license does not give you the right to break Canadian law. I guess it will be up to Mr.Trudeau to try and figure it out, don't hold your breath. He has no idea on how to change the current situation.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

toomuchstuff55 I would like to see a link to your information on the RCMP earning $90,000.00 a year plus benefits
the TAX dollars that pay an RCMP officer an immediate $90,000.00/yr salary PLUS ALL BENEFITS straight out of their ...hmmm..."school"
right out of school. Not saying you are wrong, I would just like some actual proof as I have never heard it is that high.

This is all I could find on the RCMP official site:

Salary
When you successfully complete the Cadet Training Program and have been offered employment, you will be hired as a Constable at an annual salary of $50,674. Usually, within 36 months of service, your annual salary will have increased incrementally to $82,108.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting-re ... es-eng.htm

Quite a difference between $50,674. and $90,000.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

We also have to remember that the only way the RCMP can shut down or do anything to these shops is if they are breaking the law. If the shops have done their homework and are not breaking the law then they have no worries. What makes me laugh is that some of them have been caught selling to minors which was supposed to be stopped by legalization. Just like when the law allowed people to grow their own some insisted on growing more than allowed and giving it to friends or selling it on the black market. I don't now if these people use too much of their own product or what but something has definitely clouded their brains. You break the law, you pay the price and very often as was the case in the growing of marijuana you ruin it for everyone else. If these stores are breaking the laws they deserve whatever they get and sadly are ruining their own future and making legalization that much harder and slower. They are handing ammunition to the opponents of legalization. Obviously many people will never learn the obvious.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

toomuchstuff55 wrote:I voted in Justin to RID the Canadian Society of this UTTER harassment of RCMp (whom have a mere 5 ....MONTH.....training ......in Regina Saskabush. This is a FULL 7 months ....LESS...than a DENTAL.....ASSISTANT whom must go to "school" for 12 months.)

I'm not sure what make this the most painful to read. The gross ignorance of facts that can easily be looked up online or the grammar and writing style. .
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

If it's for genuine medical purposes it should be dispensed, by prescription, as an extract in a pharmacy. For those who want to roll a cigar and do their best Chong impersonation, then they should have to buy it in a liquor outlet where it is taxed the same as beer, wine and spirits. The same laws regarding intoxication should also apply. This whole thing about compassion clubs and medicinal dispensaries is a feeble attempt that will disappear in the wake of new laws and controls. Taxing pot is a cash bonanza that won't be overlooked no matter how loud the griping is.
I birn quil I se
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

I'm not certain where you have gotten your facts. Your post is full of incorrect information, and just so you realize it a City license does not give you the right to break Canadian law. I guess it will be up to Mr.Trudeau to try and figure it out, don't hold your breath. He has no idea on how to change the current situation.

how are they breaking canadian law?the scoc has ruled people that have been prescribed marijuana have the right to get their medication in anyway or form they want . local medical maryjane shops fill that role perfectly .

someone else posted foolishly they were seliing it to minors . well what they dont say is did these minors have a prescription with adults consent ? do these minors exist ?

i do know all these places were warned in writing from rcmp ahead of time saying they were selling illegal drugs lol . it is clearly police harrasment because they do not like the law changes comming and want be jerks out of spite .
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

You do realize that the RCMP cannot do anything if they are not breaking the law.

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

maryjane48 wrote: it is clearly police harrasment because they do not like the law changes comming and want be jerks out of spite .

It certainly does seem to be driven by some pretty petty motivations.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

toomuchstuff55 wrote:What an UTTER ...WASTE ....of MY TAX dollars.

It's always questionable to me that people who can't even spell properly and express themselves in a clear and concise manner are actually paying any significant money in taxes to use the "my tax dollars" argument.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Why is it petty, harassing or anything else if the people we are paying to enforce our laws are enforcing them? Maybe the government is involved and wants to clean the mess up before they move any further. Many on here and the government are saying legalization will bring with it enforcement, is that not what they are doing now. Once legalized will the enforcement bring constant complaints?????????????

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Smurf wrote:Why is it petty, harassing or anything else if the people we are paying to enforce our laws are enforcing them? Maybe the government is involved and wants to clean the mess up before they move any further. Many on here and the government are saying legalization will bring with it enforcement, is that not what they are doing now. Once legalized will the enforcement bring constant complaints?????????????

lol how do you know the are enforcing a law ? read the scoc ruling on medical pot and then repost . if a teenager goes to dentist then get a script for a painkiller with a opiate in it , does the teenager need a adult to buy the medicine ? does the pharmacy get raided because the sold a shceduale 1 (sp) drug ? this is why the rcmp needs to leave the medical places alone .

Return to “B.C.”