Cop a creep

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Cop a creep

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.cknw.com/2015/12/06/port-alb ... f=facebook

now i will pose the question in what other job can you be just transfered for same thing this creep did or does ?
crazylike

Re: Cop a creep

Post by crazylike »

nothing bad about cops being duchebags surprises me at all...
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

What a joke, let's just transfer the *bleep* to a different office so someone else can deal with him.

In what other job could you get away with this crap? I would say anywhere government related, and also where I work, my employer seems to think jerks that do a lot worse than this guy, should also stay on the payroll. Like there isn't dozens of awesome people just begging for a good job that these idiots could be replaced with.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The comments were out of line and should not have been made.

Transfers are sometimes made for the purpose of cleaning the atmosphere at the detachment and making it clear that such behaviour is not to be tolerated. The position they are transferred into is invariably one in which they themselves are supervised so as to prevent and/or have a witness to any further such completely unacceptable behaviour.

What kind of message would it send to employees if they transferred the victim rather than the offender ??

I see nothing wrong with the action taken by the RCMP.
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

The board said he could still supervise, but docked him the maximum 10 days’ pay and recommended him for counselling and a transfer.

I definitely see something wrong with the actions of the RCMP, why is this clown still allowed to supervise? He should be demoted, he's a police officer for gawds sake, does he not know the meaning of sexual harassment?? And transferring this guy is their attempt to pacify the people who reported him, woopty doo docked 10 days' pay and a transfer - demote the idiot! I hope whoever filed the report makes a human rights complaint against him and takes it up with employment standards.

If someone has never been in a situation where your direct supervisor/manager is completely out of line you have no idea how uncomfortable that situation is, who do you report things to, how do you respect them, how do you respect your employer for keeping the out of line person on the payroll, the list goes on and on, so instead the person who makes the report is the person who ends up being scrutinized and retaliated against.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To davis124 ...

There are no doubt those who would agree with you and it is a good theory but does not work too well in the real world.

People, including police officers, are too human to be perfect.

If firing a person was required for every sexist comment there would not be very many people working in any occupation.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Donald G wrote:To davis124 ...

There are no doubt those who would agree with you and it is a good theory but does not work too well in the real world.

If firing a person was required for every sexist comment there would not be very many people working in any occupation.

See, thats the thing *removed*, in the real world (as you put it) there are very many people who loose their job because of those types of remarks. In the real world, its not accepted anymore. There's this little thing called zero tolerance on harassment in the workplace.
Last edited by ferri on Dec 22nd, 2015, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: using incorrect username
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Dizzy 1 ...

We obviously differ.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 22nd, 2015, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Donald G wrote:To Dizzy 1 ...

We obviously differ.

Donald, this is how the (as you put it) real world works ...

From the story ...

A disciplinary decision says he told a subordinate he’d be interested in having sex with her, if she wanted.

Strike 1 - warning, possible suspension and possible education or possible termination of employment.

In another case, an employee asked if he was going to a co-worker’s farewell party.

Cooper said he might, if she exposed her breasts.

Strike 2 - warning, suspension or possible termination of employment.

Another time, he made a lewd gesture at her using his hand and mouth.

Strike 3 - termination of employment.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Dizzy 1 ...

Your last comment might be applicable if the situation was reported as three SEPARATE incidents with a time period and punishment in between each offensive statement. I take it that the three past incidents were collectively reported at the same time. Big difference.

In your opinion are ALL sexual comments made between a man and woman to be considered offensive, regardless of the working or personal relationship between the two and/or position in the hierarchy ??
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 22nd, 2015, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: try again without the personal attacks!
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

Donald G wrote:To davis124 ...

Nobody is expecting anyone to be perfect, but I think it is safe to say that most people would expect a police officer to follow the law and be aware of human rights violations and to remain professional on the job, no doubt this guy knew what he was saying IS sexual harassment, but he just didn't care or believe that those rules also apply to him. Real world? Not sure what world you live in Donald but I think most people take their job seriously and wouldn't dare cross those lines, clearly this RCMP officer is an idiot who believes it is acceptable to act the way he has.

I also never suggested firing him, I suggested he should be demoted - why should some clown supervisor remain a supervisor after he has clearly displayed that he cannot be trusted to do his job properly? Doing his job properly would consist of acting in a professional manner. He's not on the construction site joking with the boys, he's an RCMP officer!
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To davis123 ...

In your opinion what did the police do in dealing with the situation by upholding the complaint and position of the complainant and condemning and transferring the "offender" that was not acceptable to you ??

They seem to have met every requirement spelled out by Dizzy 1 who, IMO, is inclined to judge the police quite harshly compared to "other" occupations and people.
Last edited by Donald G on Dec 22nd, 2015, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

imo he should have been fired

Return to “B.C.”