Complete discharge for 400 pot plants

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Complete discharge for 400 pot plants

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.provincialcourt.bc.ca/judgme ... pc266.html

here is the judgment . all these raids will be challanged in court based on this ruling i believe and they will win
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Complete discharge for 400 pot plants

Post by Rosemary1 »

Don't even understand recent ' rush to bust' given pending changes in legislation. Seems like a waste of law enforcement and court time resources until imminent changes are put through.
If we ask the right questions we can change the world with the right answers
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Rosemary1 wrote:Don't even understand recent ' rush to bust' given pending changes in legislation. Seems like a waste of law enforcement and court time resources until imminent changes are put through.

i'll second that!
crazylike

Post by crazylike »

the gov don't want competition when weed become legal so they gotta bust all the competition before it made legal.
if it weren't illegal i would feel bad for the people who are gonna loose all there stuff for trafficing pot to people.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

IF the true circumstances were as described by the defence lawyer I would have no problem with the sentence, but I have personally seen too many such completely false "theoretical" explanations being given by the lawyers for those in the drug trade to personally accept it at face value.

What the decision has done is move the "allowable" number of plants for a person without a medical permit up to 400 plants and condone the concept of plants or product being "given" away to others.

That includes for criminals since, aside from quantity, there is seldom direct evidence of trafficking.

Four hundred plants is so far beyond a quantity for personal use as make the finding of the judge ridiculous.

Rest assured that any pending change in the marijuana legislation will NOT permit any one person to grow 400 plants for personal use without a permit even though the reasons for the sentence seem to imply that it will, nor will changes come within the next one or two years.

In the meantime I do not think that the judges should be telling the police NOT to enforce our existing laws because they MIGHT be changed to what the judge envisions at some time in the future. Judges are to interpret the law only. Not to determine which laws should be enforced or not enforced.

Return to “B.C.”