Buddha of the Board

Re: BC Libs funding defence

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby maryjane48 » Jan 5th, 2016, 1:08 pm

From The Globe and Mail:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e28014546/
Via The Globe and Mail's Android app

more of our tax money going down the drain :(

The article maryjane48 posted says ... "A former Ontario Liberal political staffer facing criminal charges related to the gas-plant scandal is turning to crowdsourcing to fund her legal defence.

Laura Miller, who was deputy chief of staff to premier Dalton McGuinty, had raised $15,095 from 22 donors as of Monday evening. Her FundRazr.com page was launched on Dec. 24. According to the site, she is hoping to raise a total of $100,000 to help pay her legal bills. She has retained Clayton Ruby, a high-profile Toronto human rights lawyer."

Ms. Miller appears to have received financial contributions from several prominent Liberals, including the president of the British Columbia Liberal Party and a former B.C. cabinet minister
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

It's very likely that some high profile BC liberal party insiders are funding Ms Millers defence because Ms Miller knows where Christy buried the bodies......concerning that triple deletion situation.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Hurtlander wrote:It's very likely that some high profile BC liberal party insiders are funding Ms Millers defence because Ms Miller knows where Christy buried the bodies......concerning that triple deletion situation.

That is an assumption, albeit not far fetched.

I think it's purely ego, damage control and window-dressing that is seeing well-connected Liberals shell out.

At least it's their personal money, and not taxpayer-subsidized union money.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Again I have to ask, what have unions got to do with this?
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Smurf wrote:Again I have to ask, what have unions got to do with this?

Unions are paying criminal trial costs for people with taxpayer-subsidized money.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

What a disgrace for a banner. PSST I heard that the Canucks are contracting their defence for big money and not getting value for money.

In reality the BC taxpayers are NOT paying for either the legal defence fund, nor the hockey defence fund.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Rwede wrote:

Unions are paying criminal trial costs for people with taxpayer-subsidized money.

That is so foolish I am not even going to bother replying to it other than to say unions are democratically elected entities supported by members fees and spent according to the laws laid our by our democratically elected governments. Most unions have nothing to do with public funds any more than big business does.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I was thinking about this further and also wonder if you consider all the money earned by private companies from government contracts as government subsidy. Should we the taxpayer be able to tell them where they can spend it and what they can spend it on. No difference between their money earned and the money earned by a government union employee or an MP, all comes from the same public funds. Look out private business here comes RW looking to control your "taxpayer-subsidized" income.

Return to “B.C.”