City to pay for "Hobbling"

goatboy
Guru

City to pay for "Hobbling"

Post by goatboy »

So she was a crack addict and homeless for years but is suffering post traumatic stress because her ankles were restrained for an hour while in jail???

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/156692/City-to-pay-for-hobbling
mexi cali
Guru

Re: City to pay for "Hobbling"

Post by mexi cali »

I read that article and gagged.

She is a shining example of what is wrong with the world; everything in it except her.

What a load.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Next time give her the choice of a Taser or pepper spray.
What do you think a fine upstanding crackhead will do with the money ?
Black Dogs Matter
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Pottery Barn and Barnes and Noble would be my guess.

In all honesty though, I don't care that she is a crack head. That is her choice. What I do care about is that she doesn't accept any responsibility for her actions and honestly believe that she was wronged.

And she always will.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I guess she gets too buy $9,000 more in crack
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Actually she should pay for the hobbling. For the cost of keeping her there safe. She is the fool that took the crack in the first place causing the whole problem. She certainly does not deserve the money she received. We need to start taking responsibility for our actions and expect free babysitting when we do something stupid. Help is out there and maybe some of these people need a serious push to send them that way. Hopefully next time she will think about what happened before proceeding. Probably not but maybe some day.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Smurf wrote:Actually she should pay for the hobbling. For the cost of keeping her there safe. She is the fool that took the crack in the first place causing the whole problem. She certainly does not deserve the money she received. We need to start taking responsibility for our actions and expect free babysitting when we do something stupid. Help is out there and maybe some of these people need a serious push to send them that way. Hopefully next time she will think about what happened before proceeding. Probably not but maybe some day.

your post contradicts itself you say she should pay for the hobbling and it also says we should expect free babysitting when we do something stupid.

which side are you on
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

An error on my part. I meant not to expect free babysitting. Sorry about that.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Smurf wrote:An error on my part. I meant not to expect free babysitting. Sorry about that.

thought so - and totally agree

it seems the days of personal responsibility are ending
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

They are, but it's all your fault.
We're lost but we're making good time.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

It's biased reporting like this that drives me crazy. From the article:

The trial heard that O'Shea called 911 after suffering an anxiety attack from smoking crack cocaine in 2008.

then;

After her release, O'Shea began using crack cocaine heavily and became homeless for about a year. She's clean now and lives with her children, but said she suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder.

"I don't think it'll ever totally go away," she said. "I'll always be leery of the police. I'll always be untrusting, for the rest of my life."

So she was using crack when she first called police but then 'began" using crack heavily after her release. Are there degree's of using crack?

Now she'll be untrusting of the police, so hopefully won;t call them next time she gets anxious after using crack!
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Oh so true. The police are definitely not the people you call when you are having an anxiety attack. However having said that it is probably true that the police could have handled it differently also. They possibly should have called an ambulance or taken her to the hospital right off the bat. Another possibility is that she was violent and would likely have caused harm to herself and medical personnel. For sure she probably has no true recollection of what happened.

As usual this is just another case of not having enough information to know for sure what went on. However what we do know is that she should be taking responsibility for her own actions that started it all in the first place. Time to stop passing off personal responsibility with excuses of alcoholism, addiction or whatever. It is your own fault you are in that position. No one else made you do it. You rolled the dice yourself and you lost, now it's time to take responsibility for your actions and not blame everyone else.

Return to “B.C.”