Another Senseless Tax Grab

Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Another Senseless Tax Grab

Post by Hurtlander »

This one really puts the squeeze on rural citizens and businesses that don't have access to natural gas and must use propane.

http://www.country103.ca/2016/01/27/pro ... each-tank/
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Another Senseless Tax Grab

Post by Rwede »

Hurtlander wrote:This one really puts the squeeze on rural citizens and businesses that don't have access to natural gas and must use propane.

http://www.country103.ca/2016/01/27/pro ... each-tank/

Sure does.

Meanwhile, the public sector unions that get paid by our taxes are screaming for wage increases. Where will it all end? 'cause I'm getting sick and tired of being hosed with taxes (propane, carbon, etc) because some stinking public sector union wants MORE.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

This tax is dumb. What's the purpose? To get people burning wood instead?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

From the article;
He says he has received no reasonable explanation.
Minster of Natural Gas Development, Rich Coleman, as well Cariboo-Chilcotin MLA Donna Barnett are currently unavailable for comment.

When does this government have a reasonable explanation?All information was probably deleted.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

They are scrambling to grab as much tax revenue from as many places as they can. I suspect a shortfall happened
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

LMAO...$38 year?...what a joke. If they want access to Natural Gas move were demand creates the supply. What a joke... get over it
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Static wrote:LMAO...$38 year?...what a joke. If they want access to Natural Gas move were demand creates the supply. What a joke... get over it

I don't find this to be a LMAO situation in the least. It's a minimum $38 per tank over 80 gallons. This is will create a hardship for low income people. I find it really insensitive and ignorant to think this is a joke, how dare you suggest people pack up and move to where natural gas is available. Do you have a clue how many thousands of people live up highway 5 from Kamloops to Valemount, highway 24 from Little Fort to 90 Mile House, and highway 16 from Valemount to PG that would have to move ? And then there's all the schools, hospitals, government buildings, sawmills, mines, Heli Ski operations, hunting lodges, fishing resorts and RV parks that will de affected. As it said in the article, just one of the resorts near Williams lake will be paying $600.00 extra tax to the government. Anyone that thinks this new tax is justified is blatantly brain dead.
Póg Mo Thoin
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Anyone that thinks this new tax is justified is blatantly brain dead.

Well, who else would have voted for the ChristyLiberals, eh?
Chill
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Hurtlander wrote:I don't find this to be a LMAO situation in the least. It's a minimum $38 per tank over 80 gallons. This is will create a hardship for low income people. I find it really insensitive and ignorant to think this is a joke, how dare you suggest people pack up and move to where natural gas is available. Do you have a clue how many thousands of people live up highway 5 from Kamloops to Valemount, highway 24 from Little Fort to 90 Mile House, and highway 16 from Valemount to PG that would have to move ? And then there's all the schools, hospitals, government buildings, sawmills, mines, Heli Ski operations, hunting lodges, fishing resorts and RV parks that will de affected. As it said in the article, just one of the resorts near Williams lake will be paying $600.00 extra tax to the government. Anyone that thinks this new tax is justified is blatantly brain dead.

These people demand the services, they need to pay for it. Simple as that. How many people live there is irrelevant.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Static wrote:
These people demand the services, they need to pay for.

??? Can you please explain what you're talking about. People already pay to rent their propane tanks from their suppliers. What exactly does the government coming out of left field with this new yearly fee have to do with providing a service? The companies providing this service aren't seeing any of the newly created fee.
Póg Mo Thoin
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by Static » Yesterday, 3:17 pm

LMAO...$38 year?...what a joke. If they want access to Natural Gas move were demand creates the supply. What a joke... get over it

I agree. Since all other energy sources and hardware are already being taxed I suspect that this is nothing but another attempt at "Christy" bashing. Why was it not being taxed before ??
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Donald G wrote:I agree. Since all other energy sources and hardware are already being taxed I suspect that this is nothing but another attempt at "Christy" bashing. Why was it not being taxed before ??

*bleep*.. Propane is already taxed.. This is a yearly tax on the physical steel tank, would you find it acceptable if the government created a new yearly tax on every automobile fuel tank over a certain size ?
Póg Mo Thoin
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Really people - your freaking out over a $3.16 per month tax?
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Static wrote:Really people - your freaking out over a $3.16 per month tax?

It's not probably the money,but the no logical reason for it.And like the article says ,some resorts etc have many tanks so it is not only 3.16 per month.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Static wrote:Really people - your freaking out over a $3.16 per month tax?

That's not the point. There simply isn't any way the government can justify a yearly tax on a chunk of steel that was already taxed at the time of purchase, we already pay propane tax and carbon tax every time we have the tanks filled. Besides, if you own a resort with a very thin profit margin and you've got 15-20 tanks, this new tax is going to be painful. Then there's the literally hundreds of propane tanks connected to schools and hospitals, this new tax is another hit to their operating budgets..
Póg Mo Thoin

Return to “B.C.”