Another Senseless Tax Grab

Static
Guru

Re: Another Senseless Tax Grab

Post by Static »

fluffy wrote:It would be nice to hear the government's explanation for this new tax, it doesn't look particularly good that they appear to be evading comment.

Everyone has to pay their fair share. Nothing wrong with that.

ETA: $3.16 per month.
Last edited by Static on Jan 30th, 2016, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Static wrote:
Everyone has to pay their fair share. Nothing wrong with that.

They already did. Nothing wrong with that.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

$3.16 per month...get over it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Static wrote:$3.16 per month...get over it.

So you have no rebuttal. Got it.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:I can just see it BC Government getting so revenue hungry saying everyone with fuel tank over 45.5 litres will be taxed $38 yearly for each vehicle.

Wow, can you imagine the outcry on that one.

maple leaf wrote:Why stop at fuel tanks ,what about water tanks or septic tanks,if you have one you pay yearly tax on it.

I would not put anything past Politicians, they make snake oil salesperson look like honest outstanding citizens.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Donald G wrote:

I agree. Since all other energy sources and hardware are already being taxed I suspect that this is nothing but another attempt at "Christy" bashing. Why was it not being taxed before ??

Donald.....for cripes sakes, this tax makes as much sense as taxing you 38 bucks a yr for having a bloody gas tank in your car!!!
What's next? The vessels that hold my coffee and the milk jugs for the kids?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

twobits wrote:
Donald.....for cripes sakes, this tax makes as much sense as taxing you 38 bucks a yr for having a bloody gas tank in your car!!!
What's next? The vessels that hold my coffee and the milk jugs for the kids?

Every year to boot.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Still not doing bad. I don't have a large propane tank, no kids at home and don't drink coffee. Sadly I do have a number of gas tanks and a couple of gas cans so I could be in danger.

EDIT TO ADD:

I do agree this is a 100% stupid tax. Most of the people with those tanks have them for a very good reason. There is nothing else available.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “B.C.”