Eagle Spirit Pipeline

MattJ
Fledgling

Eagle Spirit Pipeline

Post by MattJ »

It's not OK to the First Nations if the Northern Gateway Pipeline is built through "their" territories, and that it will benefit everybody in BC with the proceeds. It is OK for a pipeline to be built through the exact same area if it's put together and run by a FN backed company that benefits only FN, and nobody else in BC. If this pipeline is built, after all the BS the Northern Gateway had to deal with fighting with the FN about the environmental impact, then this will prove that the FN's are the most hypocritical, greedy, dishonest people around, and care about nothing but land grabs and money. It's not about environmental stewardship and protecting traditional lands, fishing and hunting. This story makes me sick. I expect to see all of the "white" people protesting this pipeline being built on "our" land and not allowing it to pass through, just as they did.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#157870
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Eagle Spirit Pipeline

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Pipe dream.
His pipeline would go to Prince Rupert instead of Kitimat.
With the ban on oil tankers off B.C. north coast it will never happen.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:Pipe dream.
His pipeline would go to Prince Rupert instead of Kitimat.
With the ban on oil tankers off B.C. north coast it will never happen.

And if the Nation of No actually said yes to this.....JT would say "you know what, maybe this does makes sense since a million barrels a day of Alaskan oil are going thru those very same north coast waters every day".
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

they nation of no ? who is that ?
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

maryjane48 wrote:they nation of no ? who is that ?

A good question indeed. My guess would be the BC Liberals and their supporters.
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

MattJ wrote:If this pipeline is built, after all the BS the Northern Gateway had to deal with fighting with the FN about the environmental impact, then this will prove that the FN's are the most hypocritical, greedy, dishonest people around, and care about nothing but land grabs and money.

Don't you think that it is odd that you castigate the aboriginal peoples of BC for being and doing exactly what we "white" people did, and would hope to do in the future.

You seem to miss the point. It's their land and the Supreme Court of Canada agrees with them. Let them profit (by our standards) as much or as little as they wish, but somehow deep down inside, I know that "my" land is better off in "their" hands, than "yours".

Return to “B.C.”