"It's Question Period, not Answer Period"

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

"It's Question Period, not Answer Period"

Post by flamingfingers »

Take a half hour out of your lives to watch BC1 during Question Period - 1:30 pm Mon - Thurs and you will see the most ridiculous lengths our government goes to in NOT answering questions.

Also, the clapping seals (on both sides) take up far too much air time - why is it necessary for our elected representatives to clap, pound the table and cheer like 10-year-olds every time a speaker from 'their side' sits down??

After about 5 minutes, you scratch your head and wonder, "Why are politicians called 'Honorable????"
Chill
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: "It's Question Period, not Answer Period"

Post by GordonH »

flamingfingers wrote: "Why are politicians called 'Honorable????"

You are only figuring this out now, I've known this for decades.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^I thought it appropriate to remind the ChristyLiberal supporters....
Chill
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

flamingfingers wrote:^^I thought it appropriate to remind the ChristyLiberal supporters....

Politicians are necessary evil, they all tend to bs people so when an election happens those same people will support them.

All the Parties do the exact same thing. It all depends on whos bs the voter picks.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^But do they have to be necessarily evil?? We need to set the bar higher for our political representatives. If we keep electing the same 'necessary evils' what does that say about us? That they can keep on being evil?
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Take a half hour out of your lives to watch BC1 during Question Period - 1:30 pm Mon - Thurs and you will see the most ridiculous lengths our government goes to in NOT answering questions.

Also, the clapping seals (on both sides) take up far too much air time - why is it necessary for our elected representatives to clap, pound the table and cheer like 10-year-olds every time a speaker from 'their side' sits down??

After about 5 minutes, you scratch your head and wonder, "Why are politicians called 'Honorable????"
It certainly gets tiresome and turns people off of politics. If I had taught students who behaved that way they would have been dealt with but the Speaker (whomever it might be) never seems willing or able to cut out the garbage. I guess until we all stand up and say, "Enough already" the foolishness will continue. Is it worse in BC than elsewhere? From what I've seen our Parliament in Ottawa is no better.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I drive by the Legislature Buildings from time to time and admire it. One day soon I will tour the inside of it and even take in a QP live. It makes me sad that this venerable old building which has housed MANY "honorable" politicians is now used by politicians who strive only for the feeling of 'power' which they use to their own personal and political gain.
Chill

Return to “B.C.”