Snowden to Speak via Video

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Snowden to Speak via Video

Post by Treblehook »

Snowden stands accused of espionage by the USA, which pretty much amounts to him being accused of being a traitor to his country, and by extension at traitor to her allies, of which Canada is one. His being invited to be a keynote speaker, addressing participants in a program at Simon Fraser doesn't resonate that well [with me anyway]. There has been considerable fallout from his revelations/release of documents and information, as a part of his illegal expose on the activities of NSA. His guilt has not been verified by a court because he has not elected to face the allegations. Obviously he knew that he would be prosecuted for his actions, as he was working in a super classified area of US government, and would have signed some sort of document like our Official Secrets Act. At any rate, having done what he did has the potential of substantially undermining his credibility.
Rosieodonell
Fledgling

Re: Snowden to Speak via Video

Post by Rosieodonell »

So he exposed that the government was doing wrong things to all its allies and its own citizens. So instead of just keeping quiet which is the easiest thing, he decided it was more important that people knew. I don't know i think that makes him a hero in my book. He can never step foot in his home country again because his country has shown it can't be trusted so why would he think he would get a fair trial.

I am never a conspiracy nut but his leak showed half those nuts were right all along. I wish we had more whistleblowers and not label them traitors because it makes you look bad to your allies.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
jamapple
Übergod

Re: Snowden to Speak via Video

Post by jamapple »

Rosieodonell wrote:So he exposed that the government was doing wrong things to all its allies and its own citizens. So instead of just keeping quiet which is the easiest thing, he decided it was more important that people knew. I don't know i think that makes him a hero in my book. He can never step foot in his home country again because his country has shown it can't be trusted so why would he think he would get a fair trial.

I am never a conspiracy nut but his leak showed half those nuts were right all along. I wish we had more whistleblowers and not label them traitors because it makes you look bad to your allies.

How conspiracist of you! JK! I agree. Sometimes, these "nuts" are right. It is easier for the masses to just still crap on them, instead of acknowledging they were correct on something.

Return to “B.C.”