An Alternative Party for BC?

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

An Alternative Party for BC?

Post by flamingfingers »

Looks like fresh faces on the political scene here in BC as opposed to the decades-old same old, same old faces we have seen for too many years here in BC. Young, energetic, dedicated - might be worth having a look:

http://yourbc.ca/our-team
Chill
jamapple
Übergod

Re: An Alternative Party for BC?

Post by jamapple »

flamingfingers wrote:Looks like fresh faces on the political scene here in BC as opposed to the decades-old same old, same old faces we have seen for too many years here in BC. Young, energetic, dedicated - might be worth having a look:

http://yourbc.ca/our-team

On the outside, it looks great. Who can't agree we need an alternative? My problem lies with the simple fact that vested interests seem to always put a negative spin on our provincial politics.
I will certainly look over their platform with an open mind!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I haven't gone through all the aspects of their platform but here might be a chance for the disaffected to help build a party that is a viable alternative.

After all, they keep bleating that they have no 'choices'. Let's see if they can put their money where their mouths are, eh?
Chill
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

When push comes to shove the righties will all vote for Christy Clark to keep the NDP behind the gates of hell.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maple leaf wrote:When push comes to shove the righties will all vote for Christy Clark to keep the NDP behind the gates of hell.
You're quite correct that the NDP have been the ones keeping the BC Liberals in power for the last fifteen years. It's not just those on the far right, centre right, or even the centre who are wary of the NDP. Many on the centre left are wary of the NDP as well. After the coup d'état that took out leader Carole James it became even more difficult for the NDP to present themselves as a viable alternative. Hence the need for a third option. Any party that could win enough seats to force a minority government would be a step in the right direction in breaking this monopoly that the BC Liberals have on power.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Urbane wrote:. Any party that could win enough seats to force a minority government would be a step in the right direction in breaking this monopoly that the BC Liberals have on power.

So jump on board and support this alternative Urbane.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

maple leaf wrote:When push comes to shove the righties will all vote for Christy Clark to keep the NDP behind the gates of hell.

As a "rightie" (at least compared to the die-hard "lefties" here on Castanet) I would happily vote for any center to right-of-center party that has the best chance of keeping the NDP "behind the gates of hell"!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Even when the party is corrupt to the core as is the present one?

Pathetic!!!!
Chill
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

flamingfingers wrote:^^Even when the party is corrupt to the core as is the present one?

Pathetic!!!!

Yes, because the NDP is well known to be free of corruption! Pathetic!!!!!!!!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Well, here is your chance to make things better!!

BTW - the NDP were rank amateurs in the corruption game compared to this present one.
Chill
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

ndp is just as bad maybe worse.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Voters need choice. Hope these folks can bring that to BC politics. I know there are thousands of voters that hate having to vote for a disgusting Christy to keep the Lunatic Left NDP and their union masters away from the cookie jar.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Jx3 wrote: As a "rightie" (at least compared to the die-hard "lefties" here on Castanet) ...

Yup, no rigidly partisan (feed me some more talking points) intellectually challenged right-wingers around here :skippingsheep:
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Voters need choice. Hope these folks can bring that to BC politics. I know there are thousands of voters that hate having to vote for a disgusting Christy to keep the Lunatic Left NDP and their union masters away from the cookie jar.
I looked at the platform for this group and for the most part I liked what I saw. Perhaps these people represent a movement that will provide a viable alternative to the BC Liberals. If so, that would be terrific.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

This excerpt from their platform shows how radical they are. Imagine making all of the budget expenditures public! And imagine ending that race at the end of the year to spend your budget. That's no fun!! Ha ha.

Bureaucratic waste is eating your tax dollars. This needs to stop now.

Making the budget completely public down to the last tax dollar will go along ways towards eliminating waste. It will encourage proper government spending, and allow questioning of the spending undertaken to ensure it is the most effective possible.
Departmental budgets will no longer be based upon the dollar amount spent the previous year. This will end the race at the end of the year to spend all remaining money in the budget in order to get the same amount the following year.
All Levels of Government under the Provincial Government’s control will be required to make their budgets, expenses, and contracts public. This will include all crown corporations, Translink, Metro Vancouver (GVRD), and Municipal Governments.

Return to “B.C.”