Hydro wants more money

vinnied
Lord of the Board

Hydro wants more money

Post by vinnied »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#159452
well theres a big surprise. oh but its only 4 dollars a month. well not to the folks that have 3 or 4 hundred dollar hydro bills
BCUC will just give it to them anyway
its like a free for all for the hydro companies in this province
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Hydro wants more money

Post by GordonH »

If BC Hydro gets it, you can sure bet Fortis will asking for the same.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Fortis puts in request atleast twice a year, and they always get it. How people are going to pay there bills in the next 10 or so years is beyond me.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Gotta pay for the IPP electricity that forces Hydro to pay twice the market rate and sell it for less than half.

But that's nothing - wait until we have to start paying for Site C!!!!!

Demand has been flat for the past decade Bill Bennett has been trying to flog electricity to Alberta - with no success. The Christy Joan Clark Dam is going to make a lot of our children and grandchildren and their children to contemplate the foolishness of the 'older generation'.....
Chill
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Oh yes Christy will be skimming off to put into general revenue as usual.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^She doesn't just 'skim' - she forces Hydro to borrow money to pay into general revenue. Same with ICBC.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Poor us. It's tragic . . . but . . . here's some perspective - from BC Hydro:
Attachments
bch-north-american-electricity-rates-comparison.jpg
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Are you suggesting it would be okay for BC to pay New York prices?

Then just wait a few years.....

(Especially if you trust BC Hydro to give you true facts and figures! After all, they predicted about a decade ago that 'demand' would increase by 40% - never happened!!)
Last edited by flamingfingers on Feb 26th, 2016, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:^^Are you suggesting it would be okay for BC to pay New York prices?

Then just wait a few years.....
No, I never said that. Just adding some perspective here.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

hydro then fortis then hydro then fortis on and on it goes
Last edited by the truth on Feb 26th, 2016, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Malaysia is lower then Montreal.....
Chill
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Not a surprise really. Crown Corporations like BC Hydro are supposed to be able to manage their operations with minimal government intervention and political control and legislative oversight but regardless of the provincial party in power, there is often some questionable involvement , including influencing of appointments on Boards of Directors and hiring of executives. We have seen more than a few ‘scandals’ in past years. (ICBC, BC Lottery Corp, BC Ferries etc.)

When BC Hydro was doing well, some of its revenues were apparently reallocated by the government instead of reinvesting them in the operation. Poor past choices in some of their executive contributed to overruns in the millions in Information Systems Technology projects that BC Hydro s recently tried to explain to the BC Utilities Commission.

https://www.bchydro.com/ex/rr/pdfs/IT.pdf

According to earlier whistle blowers who brought the cost overrun to light, there was allegedly more to that story and it’s around poor management and decision making by a few.

As well, maintaining and expanding power supplies is an expensive undertaking. BC Hydro incurs huge costs in environmental assessments, procurement costs, legal costs each time there is a protest, and billions to First Nations in impact benefits agreements and compensation.
https://www.bchydro.com/community/abori ... tions.html
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby Urbane » Today, 5:52 pm

Poor us. It's tragic . . . but . . . here's some perspective - from BC Hydro:

It does not matter what the truth is Urbane. Some people are blinded by their hate for Christy Clarke and the Provincial Liberal Party. Fortunately the vast majority of citizens understand why it is necessary that Hydro keep building for the energy future. Especially when carboniferous energy sources are being scaled back.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

As noted in the following chart the price of electricity in Canada is dirt cheap compared to much of the rest of the World, primarily thanks to hydro electricity producing sites like Site "C".

EDITED to add chart:

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/elec ... world.html
Last edited by Donald G on Feb 27th, 2016, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

DONALD wrote:

It does not matter what the truth is Urbane.

So, even with your 'background', truth does not matter? And you admit to it!!
Chill

Return to “B.C.”