Air Christie!

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Air Christie!

Post by flamingfingers »

Air Christy Climbs to Half Million Dollar Mark
Crack the pretzels: time for an update on our premier's latest itineraries.
By Bob Mackin, 25 Feb 2016, TheTyee.ca
Share article via email Print this article
Plane sky-high
Most of Clark's chartered flights have included three or four of her aides.

Related
Air Christy Hits New Milestone: $355,000
Where in the province is our premier's posse flying? Your latest update.
Air Christy: Flights Top $250,000
Billing citizens, Clark flies far more frequently than predecessor, mixes in fundraising.
Lobbyist Gets Lift on 'Air Christy'
Rio Tinto Alcan rep apparently flew for free with premier on airline owned by major BC Lib donor.

Read more: Transportation, BC Politics

Premier Christy Clark has spent more than half-a-million dollars in almost five years on private jets to fly her and her entourage, according to documents released via Freedom of Information.

http://thetyee.ca/News/2016/02/25/Chris ... k-Flights/

Yet she claws back disabled person's transit pass.

Shamful and disgusting!
Chill
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Air Christie!

Post by stuphoto »

As much as I dislike Christy, I can't fault her on the travel expenses... yet!

We really have no way of knowing if the expenses are reasonable or not. Without comparing them to other premiers.

I would love to see the comparison if anyone can come up with it.
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

If they released this through FOI then they must be hiding an elephant in the room.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

stuphoto wrote:As much as I dislike Christy, I can't fault her on the travel expenses... yet!

We really have no way of knowing if the expenses are reasonable or not. Without comparing them to other premiers.

I would love to see the comparison if anyone can come up with it.

Consider the source. This author would fault Clark for breathing.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Yes the source. The Liberal governments documents. This was aired on Global this morning. You know Global the defenders of the BC Liberals.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

madmudder wrote:Yes the source. The Liberal governments documents. This was aired on Global this morning. You know Global the defenders of the BC Liberals.

Big flipp'n deal. Until such time as there's wrong doing proven, it's but another poke/sour grapes, by the anti Clark camp.

Some time back there was a big stink raised by the same source, pertaining to a delegation which traveled to Asia, a trip that has proven to be worthwhile in the increased trade numbers.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next Clark attack topic, which I'm sure will find a way to blame her for the rioters death in prison too.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

I think what we see here is the same entitlement all politicians assume as soon as their elected
look at that @#$%$% MP from Burnaby a few years ago racked up 558K in expenses for one year most of it flying his snot head kids and wife back and forth
Christe in her mind is entitled to fly private because shes premier

politicians in general figure its their given right to spend whatever their leagally allowed
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby LoneWolf_53 » 3 minutes ago

Big flipp'n deal. Until such time as there's wrong doing proven, it's but another poke/sour grapes, by the anti Clark camp.

Some time back there was a big stink raised by the same source, pertaining to a delegation which traveled to Asia, a trip that has proven to be worthwhile in the increased trade numbers.

You have to realize Lone Wolf that the purpose of this thread is NOT to assess the viability of Premier Clarke using Government, rather than commercial, aircraft to travel. It was opened by a staunch NDP supporter for the purpose of blackening Christie Clarke's reputation in any way possible.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

dontrump wrote:Christe in her mind is entitled to fly private because shes premier

And as Premier she is!

dontrump wrote:politicians in general figure its their given right to spend whatever their leagally allowed

So in other words sort of like regular folk!

I'd challenge you to show me a handful of unionized government employees, that would willingly forfeit their sick days, because they weren't actually sick, just as one example of people taking whatever they are legally allowed, at the expense of others.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Chartering a small private jet for a few people can actually be more cost effective or just as cost effective as buying them all commercial tickets. Business travellers need to be flexible, when they purchase a ticket, they typically don't end up buying the bottom priced, no frills tickets the majority of us hunt for when looking for tickets. The reason for that is flexibility, if their schedule changes and need to catch a later/earlier flight or cancel the flight, there are no extra costs involved where as a base ticket you'll end up having to pay various fees. A oneway ticket between Kelowna and Vancouver for example, can easily run you $600 with a fully refundable ticket. Multiply that by 5 people on the aircraft and thats $3000 - for that money, you can easily charter a small jet.

More importantly though, I couldn't imagine the circus shows involved at the airports or onboard commercial aircraft if they were to start flying commercially. The rest of the flying public is entitled to some sort of civility on board (as are the crews).
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Donald G wrote:. It was opened by a staunch NDP supporter for the purpose of blackening Christie Clarke's reputation in any way possible.

Why can't you grasp the fact that it's absolutely possible to have a strong dislike for Christy and not be an NDP supporter.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Hurtlander wrote: Why can't you grasp the fact that it's absolutely possible to have a strong dislike for Christy and not be an NDP supporter.

and why can't the brain-washed NDP zealots here (I don't include you in that smelly group) understand that you can have a strong dislike for the NDP (to put it mildly) and not be a Christy supporter.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:

And yet some of the people here crying about Christy's flights were the same ones defending JT and his gang of Liberals flying 390 cronies including kids, wife and nannies to Paris for a big climate party. Why are these people so upset about Christy's flights? She's a Liberal like Justin Trudeau and Kathleen Wynne (who flew back and forth twice to the Paris climate party), so shouldn't she be expected to be carelessly dropping taxpayer bucks on flying back and forth too? I don't get those idiots that write for the Tyee. Talk about massive and stupid hypocrites. Picking on one Liberal (Clark) while saying nothing about the wasteful ways of the Shiny Prince and Wasteful Wynne in Ontario. Seems kind of silly.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

madmudder wrote:Yes the source.

yes the source. The NDP propaganda organ known as the Tyee. As impartial and intelligent as The Rebel.
Not afraid to say "It".
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

And yet some of the people here crying about Christy's flights were the same ones defending JT and his gang of Liberals flying 390 cronies including kids, wife and nannies to Paris for a big climate party. Why are these people so upset about Christy's flights? She's a Liberal like Justin Trudeau and Kathleen Wynne (who flew back and forth twice to the Paris climate party), so shouldn't she be expected to be carelessly dropping taxpayer bucks on flying back and forth too? I don't get those idiots that write for the Tyee. Talk about massive and stupid hypocrites. Picking on one Liberal (Clark) while saying nothing about the wasteful ways of the Shiny Prince and Wasteful Wynne in Ontario. Seems kind of silly.

absolutely a BIG black eye on TRUDEAU, no doubt whatsoever a real kick in the nuts to everyday tax payers

Return to “B.C.”