ICBC got taught a lesson.

westbankkid
Übergod

ICBC got taught a lesson.

Post by westbankkid »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#159860 Maybe, just maybe this will teach ICBC to tell the truth.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: ICBC got taught a lesson.

Post by maryjane48 »

i was just going to post this . bunch of dopes running icbc . oh wait its crusty at the helm :skippingsheep:
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 3rd, 2016, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

If only the story ended with " and the investigator was terminated".
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 3rd, 2016, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

*removed* just a vendetta on the premier.
Last edited by ferri on Mar 3rd, 2016, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
LongHaul
Fledgling

Post by LongHaul »

As per the CBC news today March 15, 2016 ICBC are going to appeal this case.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/icbc-danica-arsenovski-1.3492450

Makes one think the behaviour of the ICBC employees involved in this case is being backed by ICBC Management? Or is ICBC treating the behaviour of these employees as a separate issue and appealing the ruling on the insurance claim?

The claim originated in 2000 and it took 16 years to get to this point. Hopefully it won't take as long to be processed by the Court of Appeal. The Plaintiff is getting up in years.

This court case has been posted. It's a very lengthy read. Link is further down.

The judge had some very harsh statements on ICBC's tactics of intimidation of the plaintiff and a lawyer representing the plaintiff .

Some of the judge's statements from the ruling follow.

380] Nonetheless, I find that the conduct of the liable defendants was so high-handed, reprehensible and malicious that it offends this Court’s sense of decency and is deserving of the punishment of punitive damages. I therefore find that the plaintiff is entitled to punitive damages as against Mr. xxxx and ICBC.

[383] One of ICBC’s key purposes and reasons for existence is to serve the residents of British Columbia, by providing compensation when someone is injured in a motor vehicle accident. The corporation does not serve the residents of this province when it uses tactics of intimidation to discourage civil claims.

[394] There is no doubt that conduct of the kind that occurred in this case could dissuade people who have proper claims from vigorously pursuing them against ICBC, and could even dissuade lawyers from acting on a controversial claim for fear that ICBC will disparage them and cause trouble for them or their clients in the future. A strong message of denunciation must be sent to ICBC.

http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/jdb-txt/sc/16/03/2016BCSC0359cor1.htm
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

ICBC is full of bullies with unlimited funds backing them. They can wait it out.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

What a bunch of *bleep*. It's incredible that we pay premiums and they treat us like that when we make an insurance claim. A private company that operated like that would probably go out of business or be shut down. But, because it's a Crown Corporation and Christy Clark is at the helm, it's business as usual. When will the voters of BC ever learn?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

I have seen way way too many individules make false claims against ICBC and WCB etc
over the last 40 years
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I pay car insurance for a reason.........IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT.........PERIOD. I NEVER want to use it be it home or vehicle insurance. BUT WHEN I NEED IT, IT DAMN WELL BETTER BE THERE TO HELP ME. As far as fraud is concerned, of course they have to deal with it. The way ICBC and the Liberals see it "we the tax payers are ALL thieves".
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Provincial Government does a theft of their own by removing funds from ICBC & other crown corps. to add to general revenue.

Instead of letting those crown corps. to either reduce charges i.e ICBC or use it for infrastructure i.e BC Hydro
Last edited by GordonH on Mar 16th, 2016, 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

dontrump wrote:I have seen way way too many individules make false claims against ICBC and WCB etc
over the last 40 years

Me too but in this case the Court clearly said ICBC was in the wrong. They gonna appeal something that they will lose anyways. Waste of ratepayer money. not that they care.

Return to “B.C.”