Christy Clark must hate disabled folks getting bus passes

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Christy Clark must hate disabled folks getting bus passes

Post by maryjane48 »

pretty dang sad that mz clark took away bus passes for disabled people . lets hope them same folks remember that come election day . anyone would be better than the moraly bankrupt clark clown show
Last edited by maryjane48 on Mar 5th, 2016, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Christy clark must hate disabled folks

Post by Urbane »

I think that the government should revisit the decision that's been made. It sounds as if Social Development Minister Michelle Stilwell is having trouble defending the decision:

http://www.theprovince.com/health/smyth ... story.html
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Like I've always said when governments look to save money, first 3 targets are as follows:
Elderly
Young
Disable

not necessarily in that order.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I thought it was very interesting on the global news last night when they spoke to a woman, I believe from Nanaimo (don't quote me) who has raised 63 foster children, many of whom had disabilities. The woman read from a letter she received from then MLA Christie Clark. Christie's opinion of the way disabled people were being treated was not very positive. I can't remember the exact words but I do believe she should read her own words mas they are not very flattering under today's circumstances. It is amazing how things change when it falls on your own shoulders.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Even the ChristyLiberals faithful water carrier 'gets it':
Attachments
fiasco.JPG
Chill
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

Hell must just have frozen over... I agree with ff on this one!
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

The Government still doesn't get it yet and are still making excuses .
The last statement in this video by the Liberal member says her government is all about making sure disabled folks can be self-sufficient and independent.How is making them choose between a bus pass and food or electricity doing that.What this government is doing in despicable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFlr8jh ... srjcWzkt4Q
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maple leaf wrote:The Government still doesn't get it yet and are still making excuses .
    The last statement in this video by the Liberal member says her government is all about making sure disabled folks can be self-sufficient and independent.How is making them choose between a bus pass and food or electricity doing that.What this government is doing in despicable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFlr8jh ... srjcWzkt4Q
This decision reminds me of Gordon Campbell taking away low-income seniors' bus passes. In 2002 the Campbell government eliminated the $45 annual pass, which would have saved about $14 million per year, but then did an about-face when people overwhelmingly expressed their opposition. I'll be surprised if a similar reversal doesn't happen this time. It would be smart politically but even more importantly it would be the right thing to do.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Smurf wrote:I thought it was very interesting on the global news last night when they spoke to a woman, I believe from Nanaimo (don't quote me) who has raised 63 foster children, many of whom had disabilities. The woman read from a letter she received from then MLA Christie Clark. Christie's opinion of the way disabled people were being treated was not very positive. I can't remember the exact words but I do believe she should read her own words mas they are not very flattering under today's circumstances. It is amazing how things change when it falls on your own shoulders.

Watch the video.
http://globalnews.ca/news/2554497/disabled-protesters-say-b-c-bus-pass-fee-mean/
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Why are we making disabled people pay for bus passes?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Thank you. I kinda have to wonder if those words do haunt her or if she actually has a conscience.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Starting Sept 1, 2016, there is a $77 monthly increase in disability. If you use the bus pass, the $55 monthly fee is to be covered by the individual, and then they only get a $22 monthly increase.

I definitely don't agree with it. People who collect disability get literally nothing from the government to live on ($906/monthly). An increase is needed just to live and I don't feel those who use the bus should have to suffer.
hail Satan y'all
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

when i lived in richmond i took the bus to work and looked forward to talking and seeing these people come on the bus because i knew how much they loved being able to get around on their own :(
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

They just put 100 million into a fantasy LNG fund.It would cost a little over 14 million to give back the bus passes.It cost 11 million for Christy Clark to put on a one night Bollywood award show.The disconnect this government has with regular everyday folks and their struggles is unbelievable.
Last edited by maple leaf on Mar 3rd, 2016, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

you must be a stalker of the premier,no one can be that hateful and be a human being. the govt. should issue free bus passes to disabled, that was done by the minister. i do not think that the premier has time to do things like that your stalking of the premier shows your ndp side.

Return to “B.C.”