To: College of BC Pharmacists

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

To: College of BC Pharmacists

Post by GordonH »

Check with outside news sources about this.

I was at drug store today to pick up my prescription to find out that points can no longer be collected on prescription, I only use that points card on prescriptions.
Like my other points cards I donate those point to charities. As well those on disabilities this gave them a little in store buying power if needed.

So to College of BC Pharmacists blow it out your ears.
Last edited by GordonH on Mar 12th, 2016, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: To: College of BC Pharmacists

Post by Queen K »

So I take it pharmacies lose money because points are given?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:So I take it pharmacies lose money because points are given?

Only those who don't have points reward, they felt it was an unfair.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I know safeway did airmiles, then they didn't then they did now they won't again.

I liked getting them, but I will be fine without, however I think the argument is a a bit weak. "They had incentives and I don't want to compete, take it away"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Veogvis wrote:I know safeway did airmiles, then they didn't then they did now they won't again.

I liked getting them, but I will be fine without, however I think the argument is a a bit weak. "They had incentives and I don't want to compete, take it away"

Airmiles is still used at Safeway/Sobeys on everything except the pharmacy prescription, same with the store I use.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

With a kid with large pharmacy bills it was nice to get the miles for the odd thing though.

I don't really understand the concept of not allowing any improvement or incentive to using their service over someone else.

Not like long term it is going to matter as many benefit plans are moving to central dispensary models which will hit a lot of pharmacies pretty hard I would imagine.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I might have been away when it was announced, but I haven't seen anything as to why the College went after giving points for pharmaceuticals. No points were ever given on that portion of the cost of medicines covered by Pharmacare. So Big Brother in Big Government is controlling what pharmacies wish to do on purchases paid for by the consumer. Shame on them in this day.

Return to “B.C.”