Fake Tickets or Fake Story

Even Steven
Guru

Re: Fake Tickets or Fake Story

Post by Even Steven »

On a serious note, anyone who puts off rent and bills so some tickets for a little princess can be bought isn't the sharpest tool in a toolbox.

Good god.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

I had the same thought as I read it; bad luck, theft, didn't pay bills, no presents... sounds like a huge pile of pity BS piling up and preying on public sympathy. Scams come in all forms, from fake tickets to fake stories.
~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Yup, and the dog died, nice touch.
Black Dogs Matter
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I have to wonder about the "dad's house part". Sounds like they might not live together. Does anyone think there could also be one spoiled kid because they are separated and competing for her attention and spoiling the crap out of her. Could be away off base but it does happen. Anyway no sympathy here.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

There's just too much hardship in this story to be real. It has it all from the stolen tickets to the dog dying it just seems to much to be real. If its real than these people have the worst luck, and my sincere apologies go out to them, but Im still calling B.S.
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

lol I thought the same thing when I read this story, they will likely setup a go fund me page right away if they haven't already. This family has some pretty messed up priorities.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

I'm sure their landlord won't mind being told he doesn't get to make his mortgage payment because his tenant made these solid gold decisions.
I can only imagine this kid as an adult. And the parents as grandparents. Nothing will change.
You and 71 others Like this post
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

390625 wrote:This is why there are receipts and a paper trail. If I had official tickets stolen I guarantee I will still be going to that concert, some people get things done, some don't.

You'd be surprised.

Venue security have better things to do than deal with ticket issues. You'd be advised to deal with it through your vendor and that would be that.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

LANDM wrote:I'm sure their landlord won't mind being told he doesn't get to make his mortgage payment because his tenant made these solid gold decisions.
I can only imagine this kid as an adult. And the parents as grandparents. Nothing will change.

And whats funny is when he evicts them people will defend the tenants and call the landlord a slumlord
Last edited by Gixxer on Mar 14th, 2016, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
mexi cali
Guru

Tickets or rent

Post by mexi cali »

Now I know that I'm going to get kicked by some for this but I read the linked article and just shook my head.

What started out as a story that I figured would wring out compassion in me instead ticked me off.

The part about combining Christmas and Birthday in order to afford the tickets made me think what good parents these two are. Teaching their daughter about sacrifice; what a valuable lesson.

Then as they speak to what they had to do to put together the money for the second show, I lost my faith.

"We put off rent". So the landlord has to suffer.

And no, I don't think that they made arrangements with the landlord to be late other wise they would have said so in order to deflect people like me from jumping all over them.

And now they're looking to somehow get her to the Calgary show in June.

I thought the first five hundred was a burden. When all is said and done, they will be out several thousand dollars if the Calgary tickets come to pass.

WDF???

Anyhow. Maybe I'm being to harsh but you be the judge.

As a side note; If they bought the first two from a reputable ticket re-seller, wouldn't they know where their seats were and wouldn't they have the ability to demonstrate ownership via CC statement or profile on the re-sellers site or at the ticket office?

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#160668
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Salamander420
Fledgling

Re: Tickets or rent

Post by Salamander420 »

there was no tickets or rent ... she is a fraudster.. I searched her on bc court lists and she has multiple charges for theft, fraud, forgery ...
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

There was another fake tickets story word for word:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2574883/vanco ... ket-fraud/

Fake ticket, travelling somewhere to see him, $600 for a ticket, 15-year old crying.

Too bad Castanet fell for it and benefited the scammers by promoting them.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

FreeRights wrote:You'd be surprised.

Venue security have better things to do than deal with ticket issues. You'd be advised to deal with it through your vendor and that would be that.

Same point I've been attempting to make. The venue/promotet/etc. received payment in exchange for valid tickets. A ticket holder not being responsible with those tickets is not their problem. Someone entered the venue with a valid ticket, whether that ticket belonged to them or not isn't their top priority. Ticket Master straight up says "treat your tickets like cash".

Another point brought up many time when I looked online was that someone could easily buy tickets, sell them to a third party, and then try and take that receipt to the venue and gain entry claiming they stolen or whatever. Hey, it's obviously happened.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Tickets or rent

Post by Always Sunny »

Salamander420 wrote:there was no tickets or rent ... she is a fraudster.. I searched her on bc court lists and she has multiple charges for theft, fraud, forgery ...

She had the article and all sorts of "help us plz" posts and today they're all gone. Fishy Fishy.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Castanet removed the story.

Return to “B.C.”