Family of 7 for Revelstoke

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Family of 7 for Revelstoke

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby jimsenchuk » 21 minutes ago

Lots of hate on this thread, i feel sorry for you people that spew hatred.

Do you not think it would be appropriate to identify which people you are upset at ??

The ones who dislike certain people or the ones who dislike policies that they are forced to finance ??
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Donald G wrote: Do you not think it would be appropriate to identify which people you are upset at ??

Probably the ones who want to live in that theoretical world where only white Christians are paying taxes to fund their pension cheques – not the real world where here in Canada we are going to depend on immigrants, refugees and their children to keep funding our social safety nets and where those able to see reality recognize the need for investing in these people now.
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

Ka-El wrote:For sure. We should have them panhandling on the streets in the Vancouver East side. Screw the father’s carpentry skills that people who are actually from Revelstoke say is in demand there. Screw giving the kids a chance to become tax-paying Canadians. Hell, our national pension plans are already funded to like, forever right? Ya, I’d hate to be on the hook for investing in our future tax base. We don’t need the extra money. Ya, totally unfair looking that far ahead down the road.

lol omg give me a break, are you trying to say that bringing in mass amounts of refugees is going to help Canada? Seems Sweden/Germany and a whack of other places thought the same thing, that is going wonderful for them isn't it? NOT

I disagree with the new child tax benefit, it is so ridiculously high, and high earners also receive it, that money could be spent on much better things. I would think there would be some kind of waiting period, like a year before getting it, but nope, come on in and we will throw money at ya left, right and center, that will definitely teach you to be a productive Canadian Citizen! We see how well that has gone for the First Nations haven't we.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

davis123 wrote: lol omg give me a break, are you trying to say that bringing in mass amounts of refugees is going to help Canada? Seems Sweden/Germany and a whack of other places thought the same thing, that is going wonderful for them isn't it? NOT

I think the point was to help refugees, not ourselves. We have the ability to help, so we are. So far I haven't heard of any major problems with the 25,000 refugees here. So far so good.
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

Jonrox wrote:I think the point was to help refugees, not ourselves. We have the ability to help, so we are. So far I haven't heard of any major problems with the 25,000 refugees here. So far so good.

The other poster was referring to bringing in more citizens to help Canada's population/economy. That will only work if the people brought in are productive, which hopefully they will be. So that is about helping 'ourselves', Canada. But I have some issues with throwing money at people who have not paid a dime into our system, when we have seniors not getting enough money...those people have paid into the system for many decades and are treated like crap by our government.

Hopefully the number of refugees stays low so we don't have the same situation going on that is happening in Germany/Sweden, etc.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

davis123 wrote:Hopefully the number of refugees stays low so we don't have the same situation going on that is happening in Germany/Sweden, etc.

Do you mean being consistently ranked in lists of the best countries in the world to live in? Germany is often top 5 in these lists and Sweden often makes it to the top 10.

Return to “B.C.”