Distracted Driver

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Distracted Driver

Post by Ken7 »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3486071

I caught this story on CBC today. Lady has now been caught 14 times, for distracted driving. They sated there are three demerit points for each charge? Wonder why ICBC has not sucked the licence out from under this lady's butt.

Wonder where ICBC would stand if she injures someone or worse as they seem to feel she should still be able to drive.

I think seizing the cellphone and putting court about two months down the road would be a solution to the stupidity of those using and driving. Apparently the fine does not matter, loss of he cellphone might be the solution, for the two months until the case can be heard in the Court f Law.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Distracted Driver

Post by Bsuds »

She needs to lose her phone, car and license...permanently.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Darwin may work this one out.
Black Dogs Matter
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

dogspoiler wrote:Darwin may work this one out.

My concern would be she injures someone or kills someone. Notify next of kin, is not a fun task. She needs to be removed from the roads.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

My concern would be she injures someone or kills someone. Notify next of kin, is not a fun task. She needs to be removed from the roads.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

it reminds me of the ads on the radio calling out drunk drivers as one of the top 3 offences in Canada. That means the issues are now 3rd for DUI ....it used to be number 1.....so we take vehicles away, and jail people for drinking and driving but make minor fines to the higher death rate of facebook and driving.

Why?

If more deaths are due to "distracted driving" why are the penalties so small comparably. I think the stigma and guilt should be equal for the top offences as they are for the 3rd highest.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

That would be fitting only if she manages to go out alone, and doesn't take some innocent victims with her.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Ken7 wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/richmond-rcmp-distracted-driving-twitter-1.3486071

I caught this story on CBC today. Lady has now been caught 14 times, for distracted driving. They sated there are three demerit points for each charge? Wonder why ICBC has not sucked the licence out from under this lady's butt.

Wonder where ICBC would stand if she injures someone or worse as they seem to feel she should still be able to drive.

I think seizing the cellphone and putting court about two months down the road would be a solution to the stupidity of those using and driving. Apparently the fine does not matter, loss of he cellphone might be the solution, for the two months until the case can be heard in the Court f Law.

i agree this is a d
disgrace and i thii
nk the cops should be able to take the ability to drive away until it goes to court
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

dog spoiler wrote:Darwin may work this one out.

LoneWolf_53 wrote:That would be fitting only if she manages to go out alone, and doesn't take some innocent victims with her.

Exactly LoneWolf, more often then not an innocent is also taken out.

imho a huge increase of the fine on this needs to happen.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Agreed and in my memory more often than not the innocent that are killed and the guilty walk away unharmed.

In cases like this these people should never ever drive again. I'm thinking just a couple of repeats should bring loss of licence for at least a year. A slap on the hand is not working, they need a baseball bat on the side of the head.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/motorist-r ... -1.2822755

CTV

The fine for distracted driving in B.C. is $167, which means the driver is facing more than $2,300 in fines. But it’s her car insurance that will take the biggest hit.
Each distracted-driving ticket adds three penalty points to a B.C. driver's licence. Since the driver has already earned 42 points, that adds up to more than a $16,000 driver penalty premium under ICBC, the Insurance Corporation of B.C.

If this is happening as it is supposed to it is obvious that this woman is not worried about $$$$$$$$$$$ or the costs for some reason have not hit home yet. Is ICBC missing the boat completely here? I wonder who she is?

She needs to loose her licence for life
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

If she's indifferent to the law and indifferent to the fines, she'll be indifferent to loss of licence and indifferent to having whatever car she drives without it impounded. Jail time is the only sure way to get this selfish a menace off our roads.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

rustled wrote:If she's indifferent to the law and indifferent to the fines, she'll be indifferent to loss of licence and indifferent to having whatever car she drives without it impounded. Jail time is the only sure way to get this selfish a menace off our roads.

True dat.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe they could start publishing a list of those people ticketed for talking/texting and drunk driving.
A nice big billboard with pictures of the repeat offenders too.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

That should be carried on to all major offences such as excessive speed. etc.. Public humiliation.

Return to “B.C.”