Public drinking in BC??

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Public drinking in BC??

Post by Dizzy1 »

Donald G wrote:WADR no matter what the laws are regarding alcohol there will be a percentage of people who disagree with such laws.

That's life - deal with it.
Donald G wrote:The ongoing results lead me to believe that there are far more problems associated to alcohol than your comment would suggest.

The rest of the world is proof that the comments of those who support public drinking strongly disprove your opinion.
Donald G wrote:I believe you will find that a number of past annual celebrations have had to be cancelled due to unacceptable behavior enabled by alcohol and drugs.

You treat people like children, they'll act like children. Treat them like responsible adults and the majority will act as such. The same goes when the bars let out, the problem isn't the alcohol, the problem is your kicking everyone out at the same time. Let the people trickle out when they're ready to go home and you'll have fewer problems.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The population of asss hat drunks will not increase if public drinking becomes acceptable.

Asss hats are asss hats and the law has little or no bearing on their activities. Look no further than impaired drivers or distracted drivers.

For me, the idea that most of what I am allowed or not allowed to do in public is dictated by the 2% ers is getting old.

I have on countless occasions imbibed in public spaces where alcohol is prohibited and have not inflicted myself on anyone else, ever.

Outdoor celebrations, concerts, public beach BBQs, whatever. If I feel like having a drink is in keeping with the event, then I shall.

There are also many activities where it simply isn't required nor beneficial and as such, you don't. That is what responsible people do.

Let the responsible people have a shot at dictating what the world looks like for a change and see what happens. The asss hats aren't going anywhere.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby mexicalidreamer » 6 minutes ago

The population of asss hat drunks will not increase if public drinking becomes acceptable.

Asss hats are asss hats and the law has little or no bearing on their activities. Look no further than impaired drivers or distracted drivers.

There are many who would agree with you and many who would disagree with you. Such is the world.

Those in power at any given time will choose one option or the other and the rest of us will go along with it or not. If we are "caught" acting contrary to such situations we will pay the price. There is nothing to stop a person from consuming alcohol in public except the desire to be a law abiding citizen and the knowledge that we will have to pay a fine if we are caught doing so.

Not really a big deal either way compared to other crimes that present more serious and immediate risks to society.
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

I'm indifferent. Like mexicalidreamer, I drink in public when the occasion warrants it, though always discreetly, with moderation, and never out of glass.

Return to “B.C.”