RCMP sued

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: RCMP sued

Post by maryjane48 »

i suggest you read the link . the article isnt about me as much as you want it to be . besides if the cop has a big enough nightstick he can do all the touching on me he wants :)
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

She alleges he touched near her private parts during a search. How near is anyone's guess at this point. He removed the cigarette tin she'd stashed in her underpants. Seems pretty above board to me.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

rustled wrote:She alleges he touched near her private parts during a search. How near is anyone's guess at this point. He removed the cigarette tin she'd stashed in her underpants. Seems pretty above board to me.

I seriously do not think a male cop should be reaching into the under pants of a women in this or most any situation of similar conditions
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

maryjane48 wrote:i suggest you read the link . the article isnt about me as much as you want it to be . besides if the cop has a big enough nightstick he can do all the touching on me he wants :)

I did read the link. It does NOT state he touched her privates... Touching ones privates and touching near ones privates is two different things.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

dontrump wrote:I seriously do not think a male cop should be reaching into the under pants of a women in this or most any situation of similar conditions

I'm a woman, and I've searched women on behalf of the RCMP.

She's objecting to him reaching into her underpants to retrieve the hard metal object she had stashed there. Should he have left the hard metal object in her underpants? Well, that wouldn't be completing the search properly, would it? I wouldn't expect any officer to drive her to the station knowing she had a hard metal object stashed on her person. Even stowing her in the back seat of the car would be risky. Should he have kept her standing outside in very cold weather while he waited for a female officer to arrive? Maybe.

Perhaps the RCMP officer had other options, perhaps he didn't. That's what the judge will decide. Me, I see a woman who has set up a situation and is now milking it. But I'm not a judge.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Personally rustled I see a woman who got caught driving impaired hid drugs, got caught and now needs a defense. This counter suit based on the search is likely the best route to do so. If you can get the search deemed inappropriate you get anything found thrown out. The fact the individual was likely not "miss wonderful" during this had the cop annoyed means he gave her charges vs a fine or a warning.

This entire thing screams "legal defense" to me. And that's fine, it's why we pay lawyers, but whether it will work or not will remain to be seem. Likely the suit goes away the charges lessened to perhaps even fines and a note on her record.

There is a chance this is never heard of again.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

I expect you're right, Veovis.

Return to “B.C.”