A year to go and nothing learned

frazdog
Fledgling

Re: A year to go and nothing learned

Post by frazdog »

Rede and GB are bang on in their analysis of the NDP. I worked in the salmon canneries on the Skeena river from junior high through my university years. Those high paying jobs allowed me to pay for my university degree in business. I remember thinking how fortunate I was to belong to a union that fought on our behalf for great wages. Though I never voted for the NDP I associated them with the blue collar worker who worked in those jobs that many people did not want to work in. But, today I see a party that has been hijacked by the extreme environmental moment. Did anyone notice that it was Christy donning the hard hat and talking to the guys in the mills, canneries and industrial sites while Adrian was having coffee in a Starbucks.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: A year to go and nothing learned

Post by The Green Barbarian »

frazdog wrote: Did anyone notice that it was Christy donning the hard hat and talking to the guys in the mills, canneries and industrial sites while Adrian was having coffee in a Starbucks.

A lot of voters noticed that. Adrian was either sitting all day in a library up in Quesnel or holding press conferences to tell everyone how he planned on killing multi-billion dollar projects and thousands of union jobs. Mulcair had the same issue during the federal election when he said he was going to kill the Saudi Arabia defence contract. In both cases the NDP leaders bowed to moronic and foolish ideologies and lost the labour vote, which has now migrated to the Liberals, which is now why the federal NDP is barely polling above Green Party levels.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “B.C.”