RCMP officer killed

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: RCMP officer killed

Post by Dizzy1 »

Fancy wrote:Still disagree. I guess I read more about the driver running a red and the loss of life on the first page. There was no "police can do no wrong" in my opinion.

My point is that if its a civilian, certain posters will point the finger even though we have very limited facts and they'll base their opinion on those facts (which is fair enough) but as soon as new facts roll in where the police may have possibly contributed to the accident, then those posters don't want to hear about it because to them, "it doesn't matter".
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I don't think that it doesn't matter, but it certainly does depend on the context.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

FreeRights wrote:I don't think that it doesn't matter, but it certainly does depend on the context.

Why don't you think it matters?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Dizzy1 wrote:Why don't you think it matters?

No, double negative - I think it matters, but you're referring to "some people's" extremely general opinion on civilian accidents vs police accidents. Though I'd guess it's possible, because police do have a career where they are more likely to be in dangerous situations
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Smurf wrote:There should be some serious jail time and loss of licence for life. Condolences to the family and friends of RCMP Const. Sarah Beckett.

He was sentenced today to 4 years, so out in just over 2½ years and no DL for 10 years.

Life is cheap in Canada.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yes it is--sad but true what he did was not a mistake, he should get life
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

the truth wrote:yes it is--sad but true what he did was not a mistake, he should get life

3 times the legal limit.

Sad for her family and especially the children.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

a husband lost his wife, 2 kids lost there mom,and he will be out in less than 3 years , :-X :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

This is terrible, very sad. I feel for her family, that is not acceptable.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Under these circumstances, described many times over, the sentence handed out is embarrassingly inadequate. This loser has proven on more than one occasion that he is a criminal behind the wheel... and he took a life this time through criminal acts. What would he have to have done to get an adequate sentence, north of 10 years... run into a school bus and kill a dozen kindergarden children, one of which was the Judge's grandchild?

Return to “B.C.”