BC Liberals greed for power

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC Liberals greed for power

Post by flamingfingers »

She doesn't KNOW how much these pork-barrel chin wag tickets cost? Not believable!!

Would she show up for a beer and pizza night with 10 people whose tickets cost $5?

"We've already established what you are - now we are just haggling over the price."
Chill
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

The scary part of this is that the Liberals are getting so arrogant that they are going to end up making people mad enough to vote in the NDP or some other?? alternative. Look at Alberta,it can happen when people get desperate. If it does there will be a lot of people that wished they had pushed the Liberals to clean up their act. Calling the NDP dumb,stupid and their supporters names is not going to stop it from happening sooner or later. One thing that could make it a lot harder is if the Liberals smartened up and listened a bit more to the people who elect them.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

your absolutely correct in mu view smurf , as long as a govt supporters choose to look the other way because they still living in some long past time , then yes anything can happen
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

all political parties are after power. ndp party in particular , because they have never been nationally,provincall power is small potatoes to the national power.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

alfred2 wrote:all political parties are after power. ndp party in particular , because they have never been nationally,provincall power is small potatoes to the national power.

gd morning buddy hope you had good sleep
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=11834873

I asked Premier Christy Clark a simple question Wednesday: Had she ever attended a private Liberal Party fundraising event where participants paid $20,000 each to hob-nob with her?
Her amazing answer: She doesn't know.

“I couldn’t confirm for you which events cost how much because I don’t walk into events and say, ‘How much did people pay to get here?’ ” Clark told me.

Wait a minute. The news has been filled for a week with stories of corporate pork-barrelling by the Liberals.

Business big shots have paid up to 20 grand a pop for face-time with Clark. The chancellor of Simon Fraser University held a $10,000-a-plate dinner for Clark in a private home with just 10 guests in attendance.

There is no way this women could possible be that stupid. I mean seriously could not be that stupid and yet be premier of BC
They say lawyers is a most hated profession but iam leaning more towards politician's these days
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Not even just her. The entire BC Liberal party. Remember they all voted unanimously against halting Union donations.

How corrupt. We need the NDP now
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

dontrump wrote:
They say lawyers is a most hated profession but iam leaning more towards politician's these days

I hear ya
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Omnitheo wrote:Not even just her. The entire BC Liberal party. Remember they all voted unanimously against halting Union donations.

That may work for you but for the majority of us who are not Liberals or NDP'ers, who just want good government, realize that both parties are seriously flawed. So do you vote for the bums who want to kill the strongest economy in the country or the bums who are at the helm of the strongest economy in the country? You'd vote for the economy killers but I wouldn't. I absolutely agree that the Liberals need to clean up their act but I also think that the NDP should clean up its act AND come up with policies that people will vote for. The federal NDP considering the LEAP Manifesto won't help the provincial NDP either.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i would vote for bums over corrupt goverment all day long . the clark govt are not bums they know exactly how to scam us and its working
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

As long as political campaigns depend on vast amounts of money the drive to raise funds from any group of supporters in whatever way parties can will be there.

Limiting amounts of contributions from any individuals or organizations for all parties at provincial and federal levels can help level the playing feel and reduce risk of being "bought" by any interest group

We also have a publicly funded broadcaster in the CBC that is biased based on level of support the federal party running for office is prepared to promise. Money comes from all Canadians. Requiring CBC to devote equal time in coverage, debates, interviews, speches rallies to all top federal and provincial parties during a campaigns with some formula for others could help
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:

We need the NDP now to disband. So that there can be a true alternative option. Jumping from the Liberals to the NDP is like jumping from stinky pile of corrupt poop to an even stinker even more corrupt pile of poop.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:i would vote for bums over corrupt goverment all day long .

then you can't vote for the NDP, they are more corrupt than any other option. Just pure evil incarnate. And stupid too.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^There, there, poor little boy. Don't be so afraid of the big mean NDP! Just pull the blankie over your head and imagine yourself safe and cuddly in the arms of Christy and her friends.
Chill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote: Don't be so afraid of the big mean NDP!

they're not big and mean, they're stupid, corrupt, and can't govern.

Return to “B.C.”