What's wrong with the NDP?

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: What's wrong with the NDP?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Urbane wrote:Where's the "nail on the head" icon? You nailed it. .

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

I just listened to ol' Tommy boy on CBC. They noted how his party admittedly failed to provide a clear platform during the last election, and asked him what they';re doing about it. He proceeded to rattle off a bunch of names of supposedly important people, but completely dodged the question. I guess in a way he did answer... funny.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The steelworkers are NOT happy with the NDP. Vaughn Palmer has a leaked memo from the union and here's an excerpt and a link to Vaughn Palmer's column:

“When the leader ran for the job, he staked out positions that are at odds with subsequent action, “ says the internal memo, referencing how the NDP has lagged in articulating the economic growth, job creation and resource development specifics promised by Horgan.

Consequently, the steelworkers and other private-sector unions have been “bewildered at not only the lack of progress on a vigorous jobs agenda, but frustrated at the ease which the governing party has labelled the NDP as saying ‘no’ to economic progress.”

Full column: http://vancouversun.com/opinion/columni ... -memo-says
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Here's the ending of a Keith Baldrey column and a link to the full column. I think he sums up the current situation quite well. The Liberals have a winning formula, the NDP has lost 15 of the last 18 elections, but this situation doesn't necessarily make for good government. As long as voters see more wrong with the NDP than with the governing party and as long as we don't have a viable third option we can expect more of the same. Unless the Liberals become too complacent that is. Here's the excerpt:

Then there's the electoral math: the NDP needs to steal about eight ridings from the B.C. Liberal column in the next election to win. It means convincing more than 2,000 people who voted for the B.C. Liberals in 2013 in those particular ridings to make the switch and vote NDP next spring, a daunting task.

And so the B.C. Liberals add it all up and think it points to an election decision that has favored its side in 15 of the last 18 contests. People vote with their wallets, so they believe, not with their emotions.

As I have noted, they be quite right. But it doesn't necessarily make for good government, just for a perpetually winning one.

Unless, of course, things become undone by all that hubris and apparent complacency. And then that hold on power can suddenly look very shaky.

Keith Baldrey is chief political reporter for Global B.C.
- See more at: http://www.burnabynow.com/opinion/colum ... uPlIj.dpuf
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

What's wrong with the NDP?

From where I sit, it seems to me, the main thing wrong with them, is that they are still breathing.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “B.C.”