Re: Girls Traveling Greyhound on Expired Tickets

dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

So, the bus driver did not throw two people with valid tickets off his bus to make room for two that did not have valid tickets.
The two without tickets were left at a staffed bus stop and were not in danger.
The busses rolled on, the station stayed open, the girls are fine, the politician blabbered, and the Media made a mountain out of a molehill.
Just the events of a normal day.
Black Dogs Matter
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

dogspoiler wrote:So, the bus driver did not throw two people with valid tickets off his bus to make room for two that did not have valid tickets.
The two without tickets were left at a staffed bus stop and were not in danger.
The busses rolled on, the station stayed open, the girls are fine, the politician blabbered, and the Media made a mountain out of a molehill.
Just the events of a normal day.

about sums it up I would agree
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

I ran out of popcorn, so while I was making another batch, I decided to try to find something with the girls in it, and here’s what I found.

It has an imbedded video.

Global News

Two girls allege Greyhound driver abandoned them at remote interior stop

April 7, 2016 11:29 pm Updated: April 8, 2016 8:57 am

By Staff The Canadian Press

http://globalnews.ca/news/2625509/two-g ... -of-tears/

It seems in the video, the older girl was worried about the younger girl’s security. But then by the looks of the tickets their mom displayed on CBC, it seems they were booked on separate busses on separate days for at least a leg from Edmonton to Red Deer. So maybe they were going to be traveling some of the route separately . . .?

Also, it seems one of the tickets was expired by at least two days by the time they both boarded the bus in PG.

And that ‘grouchy old bus driver’ in Valemount was probably wondering how in they hey he was gonna get himself, the girls, and the company out of this predicament while at the same time expecting it was gonna raise some kind of major crying jag on the supposed shoulder of the ‘highway of tears.’

Prediction:

I think, no matter what, the Government is going to slap Greyhound on the wrist for this (some of the media has pretty much guaranteed itself they will), which will likely lead Greyhound to turn away customers with expired tickets at origin, even if it’s at 12:05 AM on a Sunday morning in PG—for which they’ll get bitched at.

Or if customers show up with expired tickets, and Greyhound has the time and resources, they may try to arrange guaranteed transport all the way to the destination, for which, if they offer and can’t manage it with maximum convenience to their customers, they’ll get bitched at.

And no matter what, I don’t think the Government or the media is gonna *bleep* at the parents in this case—and nobody of any consequesnce is gonna publically *bleep* at the Government or at the media in defense of Greyhound—but then maybe I’ll get a pleasant surprise.

I hope people get a Greyhound commercial before the video.

But maybe that's why the media seems to hate them--no revenue coming their way.

Now, back to the :popcorn:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Girls Traveling Greyhound on Expired Tickets Left Strand

Post by the truth »

TreeGuy wrote:Here we go again, another news story where we have someone crying foul and not taking any responsibility for their part in it. I haven't followed the entire story but has the mother been asked why the kids were put on a bus with expired tickets???

She says that once it was discovered that the tickets were expired the kids still should have been allowed to continue on. HUH? What about those with legit tickets? You know the responsible people that bought their tickets and planned their trip. Should they have been told to catch the next bus? If the tickets these kids were using were expired doesn't that pretty much make them stow-aways?

Tired of everyone so eager to play the victim card to the media these days.

so what kind of parent gives their kids expired bus tickets-- :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

The ones who are now going to have to Air Canada their kids back and forth through Calgary and Vancouver, or are going to have to Red Arrow them round trip from Red Deer to Edmonton to ride the VIA train, or are going to have to buy the sixteen-year-old a car, because according to what comes out near the end of the video in the article that I posted above, “The girls are done with Greyhound.”

But then, maybe they’ll just give ‘em a hundred bucks and tell ‘em to hitchhike.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Pat-Taporter wrote:The ones who are now going to have to Air Canada their kids back and forth through Calgary and Vancouver, or are going to have to Red Arrow them round trip from Red Deer to Edmonton to ride the VIA train, or are going to have to buy the sixteen-year-old a car, because according to what comes out near the end of the video in the article that I posted above, “The girls are done with Greyhound.”

But then, maybe they’ll just give ‘em a hundred bucks and tell ‘em to hitchhike.

These two kids can't even handle a simple Greyhound trip - I can't wait to read how AC "abandoned" them because they're incapable of making simple travel plans.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

:smt045
Yeah, and AC is probably just as hated as the Dog is by the media.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Playing clean-up on what I can today.

Transportation Minister Todd Stone was going to investigate this case of ‘abandonment on the highway of tears’ (http://globalnews.ca/news/2625509/two-g ... -of-tears/).

But I guess it was no use waiting for a Government press release ( https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/trans ... astructure):
CBC
Greyhound Canada apologizes to mother of girls left stranded overnight in B.C.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3532853

. . .

Aubichon says Greyhound offered to pay back the cost of the tickets and gas money for the family friend who set out in the night to find the girls.

She says Hamel (Greyhound vice-president) also told her he would ensure the two girls are supervised on their next trip — but Aubichon said her daughters will never ride a Greyhound bus again.

Greyhound previously said the girls were never left alone and the company's personnel were in constant contact with them throughout the night.

The company told CBC it will not be publicly releasing an internal review into the incident, saying it was a matter between Greyhound and the customer.

In response to the incident, B.C. Transportation Minister Todd Stone said the province's Passenger Transportation Act has a number of provisions that prevent motor carriers such as Greyhound from leaving passengers, particularly children, in unsafe locations.

Penalties range from fines to licence suspension.

And a fun fact that CBC finally owned up to:
Corrections

A previous version of this story stated that Valemount. B.C. is located on Highway 16. In fact, it is located on Highway 5.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3525349
Last edited by Pat-Taporter on Jun 5th, 2016, 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

typical millenials taking no responsibility and crying outrage they got triggered over not being allowed to use expired tickets.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Well at least the two weren't gay - the entire national transportation system would have had to be revamped, our taxes raised and all the bus dogs painted rainbow.

happy hound.jpg
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

It could have been worse, like that cabbie in Edmonton who's life got destroyed because he kicked out a couple of girls for not paying and then they charged him with sexual assault.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Aubichon said her daughters will never ride a Greyhound bus again.

Return to “B.C.”