Watts wants gun amnesty

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Watts wants gun amnesty

Post by Treblehook »

This gun amnesty suggestion is but a band-aid approach to the problem and will have little or no lasting effect on the gun violence that is going on in Surrey. Donald G is more that a little right when he says the Charter of Rights and the case law that has evolved since it came into being, has had a very detrimental effect on the ability of the police to deal with the problem of gangs, gang crime and gang violence. The obligations upon the police and the prosecutors have grown exponentially and so has the cost of the investigations and prosecution. Good cases against very bad people are routinely thrown out of court on technicalities! Most citizens who have no direct experience with the system, would be totally dumbstruck to find out the extent of some of the restriction on investigators that exist today, and even more shocked to learn of the huge costs of investigations directly related to these restriction. The normal response from John Q Citizen is: "Well, that's just plain stupid! No wonder it is almost impossible for the police to do anything about these criminals."
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Consideration should be given for a return to the death penalty. If you use a gun and kill somebody, your life should also be on the line.

If you wound somebody while committing a crime, a long jail sentence should be given. Plus corporal punishment. That means bringing back the lash. Yes, the lash. I'm serious when I say this. Short sentences aren't getting the job done. Something stronger is needed.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:Consideration should be given for a return to the death penalty. If you use a gun and kill somebody, your life should also be on the line.

If you wound somebody while committing a crime, a long jail sentence should be given. Plus corporal punishment. That means bringing back the lash. Yes, the lash. I'm serious when I say this. Short sentences aren't getting the job done. Something stronger is needed.

Bob? you don't understand actually their just children LOL :130:
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Treblehook wrote:This gun amnesty suggestion is but a band-aid approach to the problem and will have little or no lasting effect on the gun violence that is going on in Surrey. Donald G is more that a little right when he says the Charter of Rights and the case law that has evolved since it came into being, has had a very detrimental effect on the ability of the police to deal with the problem of gangs, gang crime and gang violence. The obligations upon the police and the prosecutors have grown exponentially and so has the cost of the investigations and prosecution. Good cases against very bad people are routinely thrown out of court on technicalities! Most citizens who have no direct experience with the system, would be totally dumbstruck to find out the extent of some of the restriction on investigators that exist today, and even more shocked to learn of the huge costs of investigations directly related to these restriction. The normal response from John Q Citizen is: "Well, that's just plain stupid! No wonder it is almost impossible for the police to do anything about these criminals."

the gun amnesty is beyond absurd. the problem she is imagining is not the problem, the number of children with a gun that was involved in a surrey shooting is about a 1 in 1 million if any at all
These are hardened street thugs, drug dealers, bikers, illegals etc get some judges with some back bone get rid of the liberal limp wristed judges. get tougher laws,Give cops greater authority the problem with cops is they have done so many shady and illegal things themselves in the past the judges have lost faith as well as the public has also in cops in general
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dontrump wrote:the gun amnesty is beyond absurd. the problem she is imagining is not the problem, the number of children with a gun that was involved in a surrey shooting is about a 1 in 1 million if any at all
These are hardened street thugs, drug dealers, bikers, illegals etc get some judges with some back bone get rid of the liberal limp wristed judges. get tougher laws,Give cops greater authority the problem with cops is they have done so many shady and illegal things themselves in the past the judges have lost faith as well as the public has also in cops in general
She's not imagining anything and you haven't posted anything to back up your opinion. There won't be tougher laws put into place any time soon so have to deal with the laws as they are now.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

She's not imagining anything and you haven't posted anything to back up your opinion. There won't be tougher laws put into place any time soon so have to deal with the laws as they are now.

how about you show me some stats then? how many "children" have been arrested for illegal gun possession in surrey in the last 2 years? and how many " children"have been arrested for commiting a crime using a gun in surrey in same period?

My educated guess is NONE
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I've given you a link that shows Watts' background. She certainly would be aware of what's going on in Surrey. Newspaper reports minors get charged (children).
https://www.defencelaw.com/penalty-weapons.html
Maybe one of these people were living with their parents?
http://vancouversun.com/news/staff-blog ... -drug-ring
Interesting information here (old but there is concern for youth):
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/law-cr ... rearms.pdf
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Show me a link(anyone) where a so called "child" or "children" were ever arrested in Surrey for gun possession or commited a crime while using a gun

even a news paper article showing such

Maybe one of these people were living with their parents?

I assume this quote is a attempt at humor??
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

By all means - google. I see no reason not to think Watts isn't aware of what's going on in the community.
This article might shed some light for you:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3526767
Many of the shootings have taken place between cars at major city intersections. Police believe warring dial-a-dope gangs, mostly young men between age 17 and 24, are responsible.

and this one:
https://archive.news.gov.bc.ca/releases ... 000541.htm
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Police believe warring dial-a-dope gangs, mostly young men between age 17 and 24, are responsible.

these are not children in my opinion.Its also a guess on cops part and does not indicate any charges

Like I said 3 times now show me a single article that clearly shows a child or Children were arrested for a gun
violation or commited a crime with a gun in surrey?

http://globalnews.ca/news/1938367/victi ... th-police/

all hardened young criminal,s so far, No children(weird) all immigrants from Somalia, india, and asia what a complete surprize (not)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

No point in you trying to change the definition of children (youth) - it is what it is. Or even that parents have children that are well into their 20's that are pulling guns on others.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The expectation of being caught is a large factor in any criminals decision as to whether or not to have or use a gun.

The degree of punishment expected is a secondary consideration.

Since no criminal expects to be caught and they know that if they are caught that the chance of actually being convicted and sentenced to anything of consequence there is very little to stop criminals and criminal gangs from having and using guns.

Theory might lead one to believe otherwise, but that reality is why we have the gang problems that we have today.

Grandiose theories in Court and reality on the streets just do not mesh in spite of what the theorist lawyers and judges toll you.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Donald G wrote:The expectation of being caught is a large factor in any criminals decision as to whether or not to have or use a gun.

The degree of punishment expected is a secondary consideration.

Since no criminal expects to be caught and they know that if they are caught that the chance of actually being convicted and sentenced to anything of consequence there is very little to stop criminals and criminal gangs from having and using guns.

Theory might lead one to believe otherwise, but that reality is why we have the gang problems that we have today.

Grandiose theories in Court and reality on the streets just do not mesh in spite of what the theorist lawyers and judges toll you.

your 100% correct. Police not getting their ducks in a row,prosecuters taking too long and worst of all our BC bleeding heart liberal judges add that to lax laws of punishment WE NEED TOUGHER minimums EOS
Look watts is barking up the wrong tree. The cops need to be able to stop and frisk and look in vehicles without warrents
They know who the bad guys are for the most part but because of the above are unable to do anything
its like a dog chasing its tail here
These gangsters are far far from children Their criminal thugs
please me Watts wake up and smell the roses also we should make a deportation order just what it is a deportaion results
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Fancy wrote:No point in you trying to change the definition of children (youth) - it is what it is. Or even that parents have children that are well into their 20's that are pulling guns on others.

argue all u want about the definition of children you know exactly what I was alluding to here
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Does anyone know the difference between guns and children ?

Hint, this thread is about guns not children.
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “B.C.”