VSB school board reminds students 4/20 is not a day off..

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: VSB school board reminds students 4/20 is not a day off.

Post by Omnitheo »

"VSB School Board" The redundancy is killing me. Like ATM machine or PIN number.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

Omnitheo wrote:"VSB School Board" The redundancy is killing me. Like ATM machine or PIN number.

haha sorry i noticed that after i posted but was to late. I tried typing out Vancouver School Board but wasn't enough room so went VSB and forgot to take school board out of title before hitting post.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/annual-420-pot-protest-set-to-go-ahead-at-sunset-beach

head 4/20 organizer Jeremiah Vandermeer said park staff have been meeting with him regularly to make sure the protest goes down smoothly.

“Because of the grey area that marijuana is currently in, it’s politically difficult for anybody to accept full responsibility for what happens down there,” Vandermeer said in an interview Friday.

“They can’t come out and say they support us 100 per cent and that we’re permitted, but we do everything we can in working with them — just like every permitted event would — and the reason is because we want to make it as safe as possible for everyone.”

Vandermeer said he and others on his team have been meeting weekly and monthly with “every single person that you can possibly imagine with the park board,” from rangers to groundskeepers. They’ve also been working with the city manager’s office, police and other emergency responders, he said.

Some of that diligence comes from a desire to avoid any repeat of the conflict that broke out between police and activists during last year’s July 1 Cannabis Day protest, Vandermeer said. “It was something that we don’t want to ever have happen again,” he said.

Vandermeer said it has been more difficult to plan for the Sunset Beach site because it’s so much larger, but added that the extra space will make it safer.

Looks like it should be a good time for all tomorrow!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

LiamHaddock wrote:head 4/20 organizer Jeremiah Vandermeer

Maybe they meant "pothead" 4/20 organizer.

This picture of Jeremiah should be enough to convince kids to stay in school and say no to drugs.

Who would aspire to be like this?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Aspire to be like a guy wearing sunglasses? What exactly is the problem?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Omnitheo wrote:"VSB School Board" The redundancy is killing me. Like ATM machine or PIN number.

LOL. Nails on a chalkboard, right?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

Rwede wrote:Maybe they meant "pothead" 4/20 organizer.

This picture of Jeremiah should be enough to convince kids to stay in school and say no to drugs.

Who would aspire to be like this?

What is wrong with that pic? He's confident enough to have some fun and wear silly sunglasses have a good time and smoke a joint. Looks like he was having a good day. I guess it would be better if he wore suit and tie and smoked a cigarette instead though or better yet drink out of a nice metal flask, that way he wouldn't be smoking that damn devils weed eh!
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-163700-3-.htm#163700

But this year, the event's chief organizer, Jodie Emery, says "inaction" by the newly elected federal Liberals makes the protest "more necessary than ever."

"Last summer, I was joking I'm going to be out of work as an activist because we don't have debates anymore, there's no one fighting to keep it illegal," said Emery, who is the wife of "Prince of Pot" Marc Emery. "But fast forward to today and the mood is different."

Trudeau has pledged to legalize pot and struck a task force to hammer out legislation, but Emery said change could be months or years away.

Vancouver's board of education distributed a fact sheet to parents recommending conversations with adolescents about the risks of marijuana. It suggests parents plan alternate activities "that are super fun," such as taking teenagers bungee jumping.

Emery said she is frustrated the city has not sanctioned the event and will close public bathrooms around the beach.

"A lot of people will attend to celebrate, because everyone does feel marijuana will be legal," she said. "But we have to explain it's not legal yet and we still need to push the government to stop arresting citizens."

Nearby St. Paul's Hospital is mobilizing extra emergency room staff, Daly said. Public health officers will advise vendors not to sell to minors.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

JollyGreenBully wrote:Aspire to be like a guy wearing sunglasses? What exactly is the problem?
LOl, why am i not surprised a 4 20 supporter would come to this conclusion?
The one thing though about all these 4 20 gatherings is they give a good insight into exactly who little Pierre supporters are and how he got elected on his legalization lie.
It certainly doesn't take to much effort to get a lie like that past the wake and bake crowd.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

^
I never said anything about being a 420 supporter so I have no idea how you came to this conclusion. I'm just wondering why the picture of this man is being ridiculed. All he's doing is sitting, wearing sunglasses, and smoking. His aspirations, education, dreams, and his character are not mentioned or even hinted at.

It's pretty low to make fun of someone over an innocuous picture.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:LOl, why am i not surprised a 4 20 supporter would come to this conclusion?
The one thing though about all these 4 20 gatherings is they give a good insight into exactly who little Pierre supporters are and how he got elected on his legalization lie.
It certainly doesn't take to much effort to get a lie like that past the wake and bake crowd.

Didn't mean to like ur post.

What exactly is wrong with the picture u still haven't clarified. Hes wearing sunglasses or he's smoking? What's the issue ur seeing?

U seem to be the type that's judging solely on the choice of someone's sunglasses.

Not surprisin though because on other threads u seem to have no problem writing certain groups off due to the color of skin, religious back ground or where they were born. So I guess silly sunglasses wouldn't be a big leap?
Last edited by LiamHaddock on Apr 20th, 2016, 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*get back on topic! thanks.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/clouded-memories-the-history-of-vancouver-s-4-20-pot-rally-1.2865932

What started as a small “Smoke Out” with friends to protest Canada’s marijuana laws more than two decades ago has grown into a celebration of civil disobedience that draws tens of thousands of pot puffers in Vancouver each April 20th.
An estimated 50,000 people are expected to attend Wednesday’s 4/20 rally, which for the first time will be held on one of the city’s iconic – and non-smoking – beaches.

“It was only because of Vancouver and Marc Emery and our grassroots team that people around the world looked to us and said ‘that looks amazing. We should do the same.’ Now there are hundreds and hundreds of events globally,” said Jodie Emery, Marc’s wife and owner of Cannabis Culture magazine.
The annual pot rally has grown in leaps and bounds in the past decade, but it has not been without controversy.
By 2011, the rally started allowing vendors like head shops and other pot-based businesses to set up tents to showcase their wares. While marijuana wasn’t sold openly on the tables, it was happening behind the scenes.
“Some people would sell marijuana out of their backpack and it was a risk they took. Police would arrest them,” said Emery.
Emery says at least some of those arrests were defrayed by what activists refer to as “Hug Power,” where people lock arms with each other and around the person being detained to exercise civil disobedience in a non-violent way.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Rwede wrote:
It won't be legalized in Canada.

Justin knew this before he campaigned on it, too.

Good thing you have a doctor that lets you get ripped legally, or I bet you'd be some *bleep* at Justin for lying to you too!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/philpot ... -1.3544554
Federal legislation to legalize marijuana will be ready in a year, Canada's health minister told the UN in New York today.

"We will introduce legislation in spring 2017 that ensures we keep marijuana out of the hands of children and profits out of the hands of criminals," Jane Philpott said in her prepared speech to delegates.

"We will work with law enforcement partners to encourage appropriate and proportionate criminal justice measures. We know it is impossible to arrest our way out of this problem," she said.

The three-day meetings, which conclude on Thursday, are reviewing the progress and implementation of the UN's 2009 action plan on drugs to assess ongoing challenges in combating the world's drug problems.

Bill Blair, the parliamentary secretary to the justice minister who serves as Canada's point man on the legalization legislation, is with Philpott in New York.

The health minister said the government' proposed marijuana policy challenges the status quo, but will enhance the safety of youth.

The federal Liberal Party's election pledge on pot would breach three global treaties on illicit drug use signed by previous Canadian governments.

Canada's plans are contentious for some other UN members.

Philpott said that she is aware states will take different approaches on the matter, but is hopeful they can find common ground to create a comprehensive, collaborative and compassionate drug policy.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

Great news. It's still farther than I'd like. 1 more year of arrests and unjust criminal charges for activity that will soon be legal. Still great news though!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

rustled wrote:LOL. Nails on a chalkboard, right?

This made me LOL out loud.
Last edited by fluffy on Apr 20th, 2016, 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “B.C.”