BC more than doubles penalty for distracted driving

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: BC more than doubles penalty for distracted driving

Post by Smurf »

Easy money from a whole bunch of fools who seem to want to voluntarily donate it. Good on the cops. Every time I see it happening I have a good laugh.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Smurf wrote:Easy money from a whole bunch of fools who seem to want to voluntarily donate it. Good on the cops. Every time I see it happening I have a good laugh.

Yes, for sure. Good on the cops for the good work that they do. I would have given them a thumbs up when I saw them but figured Dizzy1 would call me on it for distracted driving..lol.

I guess the addicts have more money than brains.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Today I observed of all people a Fortis BC service man sitting in traffic checking his phone and laughing. I thought two things, one does he not know people see him and it's distracted driving.

Secondly, if you took one hour a day to dick with your phone. Consider the approximate 6500 employees and figure out how many man/woman hours/years are being paid to play while at work on their cell phones.

I think it's time corporations have staff lock their phones away and provide them with a company phone that can be looked into. Too much lost time in my opinion in todays workforce due to distraction.
django
Board Meister

Post by django »

Ken7 wrote:Today I observed of all people a Fortis BC service man sitting in traffic checking his phone and laughing. I thought two things, one does he not know people see him and it's distracted driving.

Secondly, if you took one hour a day to dick with your phone. Consider the approximate 6500 employees and figure out how many man/woman hours/years are being paid to play while at work on their cell phones.

I think it's time corporations have staff lock their phones away and provide them with a company phone that can be looked into. Too much lost time in my opinion in todays workforce due to distraction.

It may have been work related :smt045
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

if cops can do it why not everyone?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

sooperphreek wrote:if cops can do it why not everyone?

Wonder what FortisBC would say if they knew he was playing on his phone while driving their big truck....hmm.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Ken7 wrote:Today I observed of all people a Fortis BC service man sitting in traffic checking his phone and laughing. I thought two things, one does he not know people see him and it's distracted driving.

django wrote:
It may have been work related :smt045

It's still illegal and if the employer has a requirement of an employee accessing their phone during working hours then they should supply a hands free device for them to use while driving!

If they don't then the employer should be fined as well.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bsuds wrote:
It's still illegal and if the employer has a requirement of an employee accessing their phone during working hours then they should supply a hands free device for them to use while driving!

You mean a system like they could supply the RCMP?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Is it illegal to lob eggs out the window at people I catch dicking around with their phones?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bsuds wrote:

Dizzy1 wrote:You mean a system like they could supply the RCMP?

Yup, pretty dumb aren't they. Mind you a $50 hands free device that we the public can buy would be $500 for the Gov't.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

kgcayenne wrote:Is it illegal to lob eggs out the window at people I catch dicking around with their phones?

Only if you miss.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRYv_2JRCT0

Not sure if this has been posted thought I'd share it again.

Return to “B.C.”