Post by ferri »

*uh hum. topic? thanks.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: BC Liberals are Fraudulent

Post by alfred2 »

if one bunch is bad why put in an other bad bunch. get the cons to wake up, get rid of libs. kill the ndp.
jayro
Fledgling

Post by jayro »

I Can't understand for the life of me how these crooks keep getting reelected are people really that stupid?
The Christy liberals are an absolute embarrassment to BC! I agree the NDP is probably not much better and is good that they were voted out but how is it the Liberals are able to get away with that kind of crap for 16 Years!!! What I also can't figure out is why more people don't vote independent or for the BC conservatives?
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Urbane wrote:

And if the Liberals do win it won't be because the people who vote for them support everything that they do. They will vote for them as the better alternative of the two or as the lesser of two evils.

I have to agree I can't imagine the NDP getting in but if they do I wonder if will be mostly for the sake of change which I don't agree with either. The Liberals need to be run out of town as much as any government in Canada but with nothing else even close to viable I doubt that it will happen.

However the fact that the Liberals are doing some things right and there is no viable alternative should not mean that we accept/condone all the things they are doing wrong. We should be on their back at every turn of the road in the hope that we can possibly correct a little bit of what is going on.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
jayro
Fledgling

Post by jayro »

Some things right?? well lets see... Famlies first... I don't think so balanced budget nope the deficit doubled under Christy's watch, Hydro rates MSP premiums and ICBC rates way up, they tried to bring in the HST, No LNG no pipleline, little job growth school closures, and scandals galore hahahha they have done nothing but lied and deceived us. I know all politicians are generally dishonest but what the BC liberals are doing is almost if not malfiesence how do they keep getting away with it? People say there is no other option but like I said Vote BC Concervative Vote independent even maybe even unfortunately the NDP.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

We keep reading stories like these though. Good news from Castanet:

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#166166
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

and how exactly is more fracking good news ? plus carbon energy is toast and why would hawaij buy from us when califorf ia has abundace of lng ?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:and how exactly is more fracking good news ? plus carbon energy is toast and why would hawaij buy from us when califorf ia has abundace of lng ?
Whether or not you believe Hawaii should be buying LNG from BC the fact is that Hawaii IS buying LNG from BC. That's good. As far as "carbon energy" you should get behind the government's decision to go ahead with the Site C dam. It will be renewable, relatively clean, and essentially carbon free energy. On top of all that lots of jobs are being created and that's one big reason why the unions are getting behind the project.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Well, now.....
Attachments
hawaii.JPG
Chill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote: plus carbon energy is toast

and in other words, no it's not.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Premier Christy Clark’s stipend unjustified: poll

Vancouver, BC, Canada / News Talk 980 CKNW | Vancouver's News. Vancouver's Talk
Gord MacDonald
Posted: May 20, 2016 07:55 am
| Last Updated: May 20, 2016 08:28 am

Not good news for Premier Christy Clark.

“There’s a lot of people who voted for the BC Liberals who seem to be a little bit upset that this is happening.”

And it wasn’t just NDP or Conservative or Green supporters who are opposed.

“But when we asked those who voted for the Liberals, more than half of them say it’s something that should end before the next election rolls around, they should really do something to stop this type of thing from happening and I think they do see it as a political liability for the Premier.

http://www.cknw.com/2016/05/20/premier- ... fied-poll/

And how much do you want to bet that she is going to do just that - could be during the fall session of the Leg or promised then and implemented during the spring sitting - just a month or two BEFORE the election, eh?

Well, could be that she will just 'promise' it before the election and if the ChristyLiberals are re-elected it will be ANOTHER broken promise......

There have been a few pre-election goodies already - the 'announcement' of shipping LNG to Hawaii and the supplementation of funding for Surrey schools (doesn't help their overcrowding problem now tho').
Chill
jayro
Fledgling

Post by jayro »

Did you say Re-Elected NO........ Please poople wake up!!!!!! We'd be better off with Donald Trump than the Christy Liberals .
jayro
Fledgling

Post by jayro »

By the way seems to me last election she promised a lot of things: Families First! Open transparent government! LNG! no tax increases! debt free BC! has any of that happened? Nope!! Please the BC Liberals are an embarrassment to the Province of BC.

Return to “B.C.”