Snow on Connector.......

pepsilover
Übergod

Snow on Connector.......

Post by pepsilover »

To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Snow on Connector.......

Post by GordonH »

Weather on Connector can & will be unpredictable, at any given moment.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Blame it on left-wing nut bars.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

GordonH wrote:Weather on Connector can & will be unpredictable, at any given moment.

Couldn't agree more. Some years ago (before we knew how incredibly unpredictable the Coq could be) I decided to go to Vancouver for a friend's funeral. Going up 97C (big hill) there was fresh snow and I was like what??? Of course since it was fresh it was VERY slippery. I did end up turning around and coming home. It was JUNE.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

occasional thoughts wrote:Blame it on left-wing nut bars.

I can do that. LOL.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

it's almost June and i'm freezing. according to what i have been seeing though, next week sometime it's supposed to be very, very warm again.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

If we really think about it, there's snow and potential thereof on the highest levels of the Coq. any day of the year. Fortunately, mid-June to mid-August it is fairly rare; late spring it happens most years. And that's life at 5,000 feet on the 49th/50th parallel north.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

ferri wrote:it's almost June and i'm freezing. according to what i have been seeing though, next week sometime it's supposed to be very, very warm again.

Oh I hope so! My favourite seasons are spring and fall, but we don't seem to really have them anymore. Over time it has turned more into summer and winter exclusively.

And you are RIGHT! (note caps! LOL) - I stepped outside in just my nightie earlier and wow is it COLD! (caps for EMPHASIS). Heehee:)
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

occasional thoughts wrote:If we really think about it, there's snow and potential thereof on the highest levels of the Coq. any day of the year. Fortunately, mid-June to mid-August it is fairly rare; late spring it happens most years. And that's life at 5,000 feet on the 49th/50th parallel north.

I know. I have lived at both ends of the Coq (within a mile or two of each end). Wild weather and unpredictable. I make use of the webcams when I am going to travel it.

Did you ever watch the reality series 'Highway Thru Hell' with Jamie Davis Trucking from Hope, B.C.? I loved that series but it got a bit repetitive and when they started taking the big rigs into Alberta I thought NAH, this ain't the highway thru hell, that's Alberta! Anyways, it is off the air now I think.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

What channel? I may have heard of it but I don't recollect ever watching it. My favourite, Survivorman, has also once again disappeared (from OLN). But they were repeating the same 6 or 7 episodes over and over and over again so it was not very pleasant.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ferri wrote:it's almost June and i'm freezing. according to what i have been seeing though, next week sometime it's supposed to be very, very warm again.

i am enjoying the rain, before we know it ,it will be july,and august and it will be to hot and dry
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

occasional thoughts wrote:What channel? I may have heard of it but I don't recollect ever watching it. My favourite, Survivorman, has also once again disappeared (from OLN). But they were repeating the same 6 or 7 episodes over and over and over again so it was not very pleasant.

My son likes Survivorman.
The Highway Thru Hell was on for two or three seasons and was a big deal (at the time I lived in Hope where the towing company 'Jamie Davis' was). You can probably google it and see episodes of it, they have a website, but pretty sure the show is off now. Reruns maybe. Some of the rescues were PHENOMENAL!!! And the rigs were worth hundreds of thousands of dollars (some of them).

ETA: Looks like you can get it on CraveTV (that is through Telus I believe).
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

oneh2obabe wrote:http://www.discovery.ca/Shows/Highway-Thru-Hell

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s ... rogers_001

Thanks for posting those links!

ETA: I started watching them and got a bit teary-eyed. The oldest guy "Bruce" got ill while on the show and there is a tribute to him on youtube. I remember seeing him one time when I was at the Hope hospital for something. He looked awful. Cancer took him down at age 66. Poor guy looked about 86 though. Just one of those good old time truckers, that's all he did. He was one of the old-time truckers. Don't make 'em like Bruce anymore.......
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

pepsilover wrote:Did you ever watch the reality series 'Highway Thru Hell' with Jamie Davis Trucking from Hope, B.C.?

They made a TV show focused on the tragic results of our poorly maintained and unsafe public roads and people didn't even question it. Instead they paid taxes and additionally paid to watch a TV show about how they were getting screwed (and hurt/killed in some cases).

Those that remember know it wasn't always the Highway to Hell. It was properly maintained.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “B.C.”