Voting for Clark

sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Re: Voting for Clark

Post by sooperphreek »

i cant. i have a problem with cowards that only go for a sure thing.

http://www.straight.com/news/769761/premier-christy-clark-wont-run-vancouver-next-provincial-election
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Lol great find soop .of course most criminals are cowards . I wonder if she has any courage to debate john ?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ Thanks for posting that sooper. It increases my respect for Christy Clark because she's not deserting our riding just because a riding became vacant for her in Vancouver. Good for her.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Why would she tempt fate in Vancouver when she knows perfectly well West Kelowna would vote for her when nobody else would degrade themselves to that extent?
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:^^Why would she tempt fate in Vancouver when she knows perfectly well West Kelowna would vote for her when nobody else would degrade themselves to that extent?
You're not winning supporters for the NDP by continually insulting those who vote Liberal BECAUSE of the NDP. It's hilarious though. If Clark had jumped to that Vancouver riding you'd be on here ripping her up and down. As I've said before no matter what she does you're against it.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby flamingfingers » less than a minute ago

^^Why would she tempt fate in Vancouver when she knows perfectly well West Kelowna would vote for her when nobody else would degrade themselves to that extent?

I take it that this is another example of what the NDP are planning to spout in the next election. Sure lets me know that they have not changed since the last election. Condemn everything that Christy Clark and the Liberals do but stay completely away from offering anything to the people of BC.

Eby is the guy who made repetitious completely false comments about various police forces in BC in an effort to get the recognition to run for political office. Big allegations but seldom any proof of police wrongdoing.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Urbane wrote:You're not winning supporters for the NDP by continually insulting those who vote Liberal BECAUSE of the NDP. It's hilarious though. If Clark had jumped to that Vancouver riding you'd be on here ripping her up and down. As I've said before no matter what she does you're against it.

And that about sums it up in a nutshell. Christy isn't stupid and knows people like flaming won't be won over regardless of what she does, so there's really no point losing sleep over the feelings of the diehard haters.

There will always be those and every politician knows that going in.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Having spent nearly one million tax dollars on photos for social media, Christ Clark has clearly earned the title Little Miss Photo-Op...

http://theprovince.com/opinion/columnis ... hotography
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

There's been mention on these pages that some of the big bad unions have crossed the floor and are now supporting the liberals, I haven't seen any evidence supporting that, however it begs an important question if it is indeed true...who exactly will the Christy government show their allegiances to, the business sector or the unions ? If the unions slip Christy thicker brown envelopes under the table than the business sector, will the liberals be the new party controlled by labour?
Regardless, Christy could avoid this potential predicament by eliminating corporate and union political contributions, but for whatever reason she doesn't want to do that.
Póg Mo Thoin
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I think that it is important that labor have a say in what the government does since job creation is the foundation that keeps our economy running as well as it is at present. Number one in Canada.

Premier Clark is too smart a politician to go too far from the center of the political spectrum. which gives a bit of the financial pie to everyone.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Donald G wrote:Premier Clark is too smart a politician to go too far from the center of the political spectrum. which gives a bit of the financial pie to everyone.

Christy is not centre, nore is she either right or left. She either goes whichever way the wind is blowing, or whichever way she personally benefits from the most, hence her lacklustre 27% approval rating. Polls show that the majority of the BC electorate are OK with the BC liberals, but they certainly have had enough of Christy.
Póg Mo Thoin
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Hurtlander wrote:Christy is not centre, nore is she either right or left. She either goes whichever way the wind is blowing, or whichever way she personally benefits from the most, hence her lacklustre 27% approval rating. Polls show that the majority of the BC electorate are OK with the BC liberals, but they certainly have had enough of Christy.
The Liberal Party's relative popularity (compared to the NDP) will carry the day next May but a lot of people have reservations about Christy Clark. Here are a few examples of my own personal reservations:

1. There's an infusion of money for school districts ($20 million I believe) right now to upgrade facilities. Larry Paul with SD 23 is happy to be getting the money but on the news earlier he said that the timeline for prioritizing and getting the information back to the government was very short. Why? Politics is getting in the way of good government and it's up to the leader to make sure that proper management is in place.

2. There was an infusion of money to keep small rural/semi-rural schools open. These are schools with declining enrollment for which the writing is on the wall. Why postpone the inevitable? Again, it's politics getting in the way of good management practices.

3. Most people want to see corporate and union donations to political parties banned as per the federal law. Why isn't it happening? Politics and all that money to spend on advertising.

I'd like to see a new leader of the Liberal Party and I'd really like to see a viable alternative to the Liberals. As things stand now, though, I'll vote Liberal since the other option is worse.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Hurtlander wrote:There's been mention on these pages that some of the big bad unions have crossed the floor and are now supporting the liberals, I haven't seen any evidence supporting that

It's been big news since Sinclair's cuddle session with CC just after the NDP lost, again, for the 4th straight time, and no sign whatsoever of the NDP's ever making it to power again in BC.

This article, although written by sour grapes Martyn Brown, sums it up rather well.

No longer are the company honchos and their unionized counterparts engaged in the age-old battles over workers’ rights and incremental improvements in salaries, benefits, and working conditions.

Sure, they still quibble at the margins of what is "economically viable" in today’s context of tighter profit margins, increased capital risk, unrelenting market volatility, and easy capital flight.

But for the most part, they are now joined at the hip in a death battle against the new common "enemies" that have made the past arguments for new worker benefits and entitlements a near pointless proposition.

They are united against the "forces of No" that Clark so delights in defining as John Horgan’s NDP. The greens, the NIMBYs, and the anti-development crowd. The ones who have the audacity to resist stupid investments that would pose unacceptable risks to our environment to our communities.

They are united in the fight against that faceless force known as "global competition"—a material threat that obliges union workers to help continually cut corporate costs as they increase productivity, or risk losing their jobs and their employers’ businesses altogether.

They are united in the new struggle to pad shareholders’ pockets in this harsh new world of rock-bottom commodity prices, unfettered capital and labour mobility, surplus capacity, state-owned mega corporations, and dependence on Chinese exports and investment.

http://www.straight.com/news/770086/mar ... labour-day
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

sooperphreek wrote:i cant. i have a problem with cowards that only go for a sure thing.

Then you sure must hate Jenny Kwanumist.

http://jennykwan.ndp.ca/constituency-office
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

maryjane48 wrote:Lol great find soop .of course most criminals are cowards .

True, Jenny Kwan did go on a lot of taxpayer funded 5 star junkets, but she paid it all back, so in the NDP books, that means she's not a criminal. Glad to hear that you judge her as one though and can see through that thick layer of political bias you carry around.
Not afraid to say "It".

Return to “B.C.”