Toddlers found in hot car

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Toddlers found in hot car

Post by the truth »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#170284 , and the loser mother of the year award goes too,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Toddlers found in hot car

Post by Gixxer »

It seems to be the new trend in 2016.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

honestly,how does this even happen :cuss: :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Some people are away too stupid to have either children or pets. Probably don't have the brains to be driving. I don't care if she locked the keys in the car, she should have been there and broke a window if necessary, long before the kids were in distress.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Parents who do this with their children & pet owners who do this with their dogs, are both brainless idiots. Just maybe should not be parents or pet owners.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Smurf wrote:Some people are away too stupid to have either children or pets. Probably don't have the brains to be driving. I don't care if she locked the keys in the car, she should have been there and broke a window if necessary, long before the kids were in distress.

if i locked my keys in the car with my kids in in , i would break the window as soon as it happened,,

she was gone half an hr ?????
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Just call a tow truck or BCAA, they will get in it fast enough.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:Just call a tow truck or BCAA, they will get in it fast enough.

Or just have this, I have one within reach in case of water accident.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B013AKZ5V0?psc=1

Good item to have, may never use it. If you end up in water you will be glad you own one.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

GordonH wrote:Or just have this, I have one within reach in case of water accident.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B013AKZ5V0?psc=1

Good item to have, may never use it. If you end up in water you will be glad you own one.

Excellent tool to have on hand.
I bought one for everyone on my short list for Crassmass a few years ago.
I put them in a drawstring bag that can be tied to the front post of the drivers seat. Tucked under the seat, it is out of the way so won't get buried in the glove box or lost in a roll over.
The bag is easy to open and within easy reach when upside down, strapped into a car that is filling with water.

EVERYONE needs to have one of these. The hammer point easily breaks tempered glass and the cutter easily cuts a seat belt (or clam-shell packaging).
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
Not even the middle of May and first casualty of a hot vehicle.
My condolences to the family
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/255989 ... in-hot-car

People don't leave children or pets in your vehicle, this was preventable.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There is technology that can help and remind drivers about checking the back seat:

General Motors – Rear Seat Reminder
General Motors has “Rear Seat Reminder” technology that is now standard on company models including the Yukon, the Canyon, the Sierra, the Acadia and the Terrain.

Rear Seat Reminder notifies parents to check the back seat under certain conditions, the company said on its website.

While the technology doesn’t spot objects that have been placed in the back seat, it can monitor the back doors.

More on this topic here:

https://globalnews.ca/news/5265367/kids ... ch-safety/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Fancy wrote:There is technology that can help and remind drivers about checking the back seat:

General Motors has “Rear Seat Reminder” technology that is now standard on company models including the Yukon, the Canyon, the Sierra, the Acadia and the Terrain.

Rear Seat Reminder notifies parents to check the back seat under certain conditions, the company said on its website.

While the technology doesn’t spot objects that have been placed in the back seat, it can monitor the back doors.

More on this topic here:

It troubles me that there is a market and demand for such apps in the first place. :135:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:There is technology that can help and remind drivers about checking the back seat:

More on this topic here:

honestly anyone that needs technology not to forget there child in the back seat of there car should not have kids --ever--

no one is going to make me believe that a mother and father forgot about there 16 month old baby in there car for 9 hours :200: :swear:
this was cold blooded murder nothing else.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

OKkayak wrote:It troubles me that there is a market and demand for such apps in the first place. :135:

Same here I find it troubling as well. I mean I'm positive that there was hot weather back in my day too, yet I can't say that I ever heard of a child frying in a car. Not saying that it never happened, but compared to these days, where each year we see multiple deaths caused by leaving a child in a hot vehicle, it's become an epidemic.

Many times I've had to wonder just how I managed to survive this long, without reminder technology, without dozens of warning labels, applied to every dang product manufactured, without being told chewing on lead based crib paint wasn't smart, and basically without any type of child proofing products, or guidelines, provided by our friendly nanny state.

So what has the result been? A bunch of obese self absorbed dimwits. :swear:

I recall back when I was about 6yrs old, my father left me sitting in the car for a couple of hours in the cold, being let's just say a tad annoyed with him, I proceeded to disassemble his new car's dashboard, which had push button automatic.

He never left me in the car alone ever again. :biggrin:

I think that was the beginning of my becoming a gear head. LOL
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:this was cold blooded murder nothing else.

No, it's not.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”