Hudson Brooks killed by RCMP

A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Hudson Brooks killed by RCMP

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

A year after police killed Hudson Brooks, his family still waits for answers

Hudson Brooks was shot dead by a police officer near the south Surrey RCMP detachment on July 18, 2015

Every day, Jennifer Brooks says she wakes up hoping someone will explain to her why a police officer shot and killed her son, Hudson, near the south Surrey RCMP detachment almost exactly one year ago.

But every day for the last year, Brooks has gone to sleep disappointed.

"July 18, 2015 is when we lost our boy and it was the hardest day of my life," she said.

"It was such a shock, and I still can't get over the shock of losing Hudson. It is just unbearable at times without Hudson."

Al. Dunn

@JerzyJoe Wojdala It appears the officer shot himself by mistake in the leg or foot when drawing his gun..., started yelling "ive been shot" and without figuring out what was going on, the others shot the unarmed youth. Friends say police claims he was "suicidal" are absurd.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3679594
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Hudson Brooks killed by RCMP

video of the scene shortly after the shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS3D-L0FaUU
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

yes i heard cop shot himself before he shot the kid
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

the iio is headquartered from surrey, but as we can see in this video at the 26.35 mark, rcmp member mike Bhatti says that the iio was not on scene yet after what is many hours from a double shooting officer injured suspect dead incident that took place at about 2:30am. why the slow response time?

"i heard a young male voice crying for help claiming that they were going to kill him." 29.03 of the video.

T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

IIO communications and stakeholder relations liaison Aiden Buckley said Thursday morning that the agency is awaiting just one more ballistics report in the investigation.

He would not speculate on when that report would be complete but acknowledged there is frustration with how long it is taking to get answers.

“In consultation with the third party, the IIO is working to expedite the report because we understand these cases are taking too long to be resolved,” Buckley said by email.

Buckley reiterated other factors in the delay that were shared with PAN by IIO officials in the spring, including a caseload “which has been impacted by a spike of officer-involved shootings and police-involved fatalities throughout the province, which began in September 2014 and continued for the better part of a year.”

In that time period, there were 20 fatalities, he noted.

http://www.thenownewspaper.com/news/386876421.html

the iio was late getting started and they are very late on many cases, peter degroot comes to mind as we draw closer to 2 years without a report.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

“When your child dies, you don’t get a phone call 12 hours later, saying your son is deceased and we can’t tell you [any details] — and you’re just going to have sit there and be patient and wait. That’s not fair at all. They should release the information to the family,” she argues.

“I am willing — after this investigation is over — to sit down with the IIO, to sit down with the RCMP, to start making change because there has to be changes made in the system.”

http://www.news1130.com/2016/07/14/fami ... ot-surrey/

it is a shame that families in bc have to wait a year or more to get any response from rcmp and iio regarding even the simplest details of a loved one's demise.
T.Tsarnaev
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

cops commit manslaughter on the job way too often.theres a big cry and then its all buried under the rug and nothing ever comes of it
the only case I can remember anyone held responsible (on the shooter side) was the Toronto city cop for shooting a unarmed kid 9 times. 4 times after he was already dead
The RCMP murdered Greg Matters in cold blood and not one person received so much as a don't do that gain deal and that was RCMP
Greg Matters was shot in the back by a RCMP swat sniper
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:
it is a shame that families in bc have to wait a year or more to get any response from rcmp and iio regarding even the simplest details of a loved one's demise.

As hard as it is to lose a loved one, it's just as important to complete a thorough investigation that hasn't been compromised. The police wouldn't and shouldn't release information until after the investigation is complete.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

hudson-brook-sign-at-protest-of-his-shooting-by-police[1].JPG

The circumstances surrounding Brooks's shooting on July 18, 2015, remain a mystery to people who loved him, mired in investigation and shrouded in suspicion.

"You ruin our lives. You make us sit there and ruin our lives. It's the worse. How did my son die? I want to know," said Brooks's mother Jennifer.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3685090
T.Tsarnaev
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Funny how so much of this crud is coming to light at the same time the shades are torn down and the light shines bright on this very issue in the good ol' U.S. of A..
Not really funny at all.

I'm hopeful that we will see justice served to those deserving of it in this case, others from the past and all those in the future that warrant the mighty hammer.

I know I'll hear from our resident troll on how I brought on all my own hardships and had I done what was expected of me I'd never have blah blah blah.

I was in my early 20's, driving with a friend down a desolate road cranking Under My Thumb in my grass green Yoda. I saw the cherries pop up on the horizon in my rear view mirror. No lights flashing, but surely headed for an emergency. They were on my bumper in seconds. Then the lights came on.

We were not speeding. We were not wired on crank. We weren't drinking, puffing, dropping or anything else that warranted being pulled over and harassed, but guess what?

An hour later after a lot of stress, accusations, threats and outright lies we were "free to go".
The front seat of my car had the vinyl removed and the foam cushions peeled from the steel and wire frames. The rear seat suffered similar damages. The cassettes in my 72 slot case were randomly selected to be unspooled. They tore the tape from the case and left them in an unraveled heap on the rear floor. In all about half of them had been destroyed.
The spare tire in the trunk had the sidewall cut open with a knife. The hole was large enough to put your fist through with relative ease.

I was driving. I did nothing to provoke this attack. I was young, and having fun. That was all that was needed to provoke a weak, emotionally charged bully. He happened to be an R.C.M.P. officer.

I've got many more stories of similar circumstances with similar outcomes. Not because anything done warranted the abuse, but rather because some men are weak, and join a brotherhood for strength and justification. Like the HA, but worse. These ones wear different colors and are difficult to detect, as they wear the same colors as some good people.

In the Hodson Brooks case it seems to me that the filthy pigs behind this kid's death are of the same calibre. Weak, emotionally charged and lacking the skill-set required to be effective on the job.

Mark my words:
One cop tried to draw their weapon, but accidentally discharges it on themselves.
"I've been shot! I've been shot!", she cries out, without consideration for what those words mean to the other officers around the scene.
Without further consideration to the actual facts, the other attending officers open fire on what they "assume" to be a shooter.
The untrained, incompetent cry-baby that shot her dumb *bleep* shed not one bit of consideration for the scene, the circumstances nor the potential.
The untrained incompetent blithering idiots behind her drew their heat and opened fire on this kid, unarmed as he was. No consideration given because they were not trained to determine who fired the shot before acting.

That is going to be the truth of it, or I'll eat beef jerky and drink beer! Wait a sec...

Andrea Taggart, who lives in the area, says she heard a man screaming, "They're going to kill me!"

Then, Taggart says she heard the sound of six or seven gunshots.

How many cops will get their paid vacation our of this one?
How much of our hard earned money will be going to fund their "suspended with pay" lifestyle?

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 21st, 2016, 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

so here we are, 2 and a half years later and charges are finally coming against the possible murderer of Hudson Brooks.

"The prosecution service said the investigation and charge assessment process took longer than expected, partly because of the complexities of the evidence and requirement for further investigation and analysis."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/br ... e37384178/

the above quote rings hollow to me, there were a number of RCMP that witnessed the event, and so one can guess that there is multiple body cam accounts of the killing. so how incompetent (or criminal) are these evil, murderous members, that it takes this long to determine whether or not they believe a crime occurred?

a saying about the inability to find a particular 'hole' with 'two hands and a map' comes to mind.

the fact that a charge of murder is not to be found is very telling to me. the system is evil, this young man did nothing to deserve to be executed as he was. when will we, british columbians either lock this gang of killers up, or kick them out?

i makes me sick to think that we pay these evil people to do their deeds and spawn and support their evil offspring.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

to my knowledge, Hudson's parents have not been given an explanation of why their son was extra-judicially executed to date.

this to me is telling of it being a criminal act, and so now, a criminal conspiracy.

criminality aside, where is the decency? these evil people should at the very least have given a reason for their actions, hiding this information can only be to torture the Brooks family and the rest of us too.

can anyone explain to me another reason for their obscuring their motivation? cowardice? mental retardation?

evil seems the only logical end.
T.Tsarnaev
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Justice for hudson . I would like to hear how many years this murder will get
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

"Cst. Elizabeth Cucheran has been charged with aggravated assault and assault with a weapon stemming from an on-duty incident at the District 5 RCMP detachment on 152 St. in Surrey."

"After an initial officer called for backup, Hudson ran towards the police and there was a struggle. One officer was also shot.

However, the IIO later confirmed that the bullet came from an RCMP gun, and neither the RCMP nor IIO suggested Brooks pulled the trigger, CTV Vancouver reported."

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214379

as we can see from the wording above, "Hudson ran towards the police". He did not 'allegedly' run towards police, so it seems that there must be some recording of the event.

given that, what could the reason be for taking this long to determine whether or not a charge should be brought?

also, it very much seems that a member of the RCMP shot a member of that same force.

what has 'Cst. Elizabeth Cucheran' been doing for these years since? has she been in custody? are we still paying her? have steps been taken to protect the rest of us? and for that matter have steps been taken to protect the member or members that it would seem have been targeted with deadly force?

i think the Brooks family deserves to know why the choice was made to execute their child, and the rest of us deserve to know what exactly we are paying for and whether or not our safety is being considered in the dealing with this deadly gang.

how many more people have to die by their hands before they are held to account?
T.Tsarnaev
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

The RCMP have been a disaster for British Columbia in many ways.

Return to “B.C.”