BC puts transgendered in human rights code

FreeRights
Guru

Re: BC puts transgendered in human rights code

Post by FreeRights »

occasional thoughts wrote:The flaming faith-ists, et al, of several southern and middle mostly pro-slavery states (surprise, surprise) bring up other issues brutally that I'm trying to bring up gently.

I'm honestly sure what you're trying to say. I agree that some of those of faith disagree with transgendered people, but it's fairly irrelevant as it doesn't apply to them at all.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Look at the laws that have been passed very recently in some southern states. Ordering people to use public washrooms according to the gender they were born as, allowing counsellors to refuse to treat transgendered people, etc., etc.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

occasional thoughts wrote:Look at the laws that have been passed very recently in some southern states. Ordering people to use public washrooms according to the gender they were born as, allowing counsellors to refuse to treat transgendered people, etc., etc.

I agree that we should have laws to prevent the exact discrimination that you're describing.

Again, it doesn't affect them. Having to interact with a transgender person that you don't agree should exist is life.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

Return to “B.C.”