BC surplus

Even Steven
Guru

Re: BC surplus

Post by Even Steven »

maryjane48 wrote:vote clark out next election . its our only hope

Yes, enough with surpluses, let's get some deficits going - vote Clark out!
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

right wing surplusses are deficits in sheeps clothing. anyone who thinks that conservative governments are running pure and real surplusses in totality are not wanting to see truth and sanity.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

sooperphreek wrote:right wing surplusses are deficits in sheeps clothing. anyone who thinks that conservative governments are running pure and real surplusses in totality are not wanting to see truth and sanity.
Those who look at it simplistically, i.e. left-wing=all good/right-wing=all bad, are missing an opportunity to analyze each government on its own merits and demerits. As Occasional Thoughts has quite rightly pointed out previous governments of the left-wing variety also played fast and loose with the books. It doesn't make it right but we should acknowledge reality. As an aside I would just say that the present government isn't all that right-wing. Centre-right? Sure. Right-wing? No.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

This thread is awesome. If we ran a deficit, the haters here would be calling her terrible , saying they're wasting money, and saying she needs to be voted out. A surplus is reported and they're still saying she's terrible, wastes money, and needs to be voted out.

The arguments are identical. It's funny (and kind of sad that some people just can't stand any kind of positivity).
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

i miss the times when people actually believed in things rather than being apologists. deficits are what is actually normal. even when there is a supposed surplus. does anyone honestly believe that when it comes to debt these peace offering surpluses make a difference? does anyone honestly think that the debt will ever go away? i dont. so i say - fornicate it. why even bother? collapse the system like the 1 percent did 10 years ago. lets have a hard reset. what and who are we being responsible for? managing the debt still means that there will be interest on whats already there. so unless you wipe it out - our future generations wont have a pot to *bleep* in anyways. but the big business and special interests will. they always figure out a way to manipulate public monies away from taxpayers.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Jonrox wrote:The arguments are identical. It's funny (and kind of sad that some people just can't stand any kind of positivity).

It is sad as well as pathetic. I guess it's just easier to spend all day on an internet forum complaining about everything, than it is to get up off your *bleep* and improve your situation, so that you don't have to spend every second of your time, envious of all who are better off.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

im trying to imagine the riots right wingers would have if the NDP was shamelessly doing what stone and the liberals are doing when it comes to using icbc and hydro as cash cows.
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/potential-icbc-rate-hike-causes-ruckus-in-legislature
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I have a neighbour who is an old time WAC Bennett Social Crediter and of course now a BC Liberal. He's convinced that when Gordon Campbell "privatized" BC Hydro, he really sold it off. And my neighbour also believes that the current owners of Hydro are just giving BC a few billion each year because it's part of the purchase agreement. He can't get his head around the thought that Hydro is "privatized" and yet we still own it. And that the debt is ours.

"It's private now. Somebody else owns it. That debt is all theirs, not ours. I don't know who the new owners are."

Return to “B.C.”