A New Way of Viewing Highways

Glacier
The Pilgrim

A New Way of Viewing Highways

Post by Glacier »

In the old days I used to buy the road atlases before travelling, but they were often deceptive. For example, in Washington State there's a highway from Spokane to the Tri-cities (Richland, etc.), and it was shown as a red line, the same as up the Okanagan and 99 from Whistler to Lillooet. But it was a freeway with a 110km/h limit (70mph) while 99 to Lillooet has a 60km/h limit. The reason it was shown as a red line instead of the blue or yellow that freeways were shown as is that it was not an "interstate" highway, which I think means that it was not operated by the federal government.

Highways should be based upon average speeds, and not on how much traffic they get, how many lanes they have, or who operates the highway. Therefore, highway 97 in BC should look like this:

highway97b.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
jetty1965
Board Meister

Re: A New Way of Viewing Highways

Post by jetty1965 »

Did you make the map?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

jetty1965 wrote:Did you make the map?

Yes, but I used Google to help with calculating average speeds.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Well done, what is your normal Royalties Package if I enlarge and print this on to
transfer paper so as to make up a few t-shirts?
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “B.C.”