Another ICBC rate increase

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Another ICBC rate increase

Post by lesliepaul »

Mr. Stone......you spoke recently at a private "function" and my understanding was you were VERY pi$$ed off about the millions upon millions of OUR vehicle insurance money that goes into ICBC was being paid out to "fraudulent" injury claims and that a segment (ethnicity) of our population were the MAIN abusers. Multiple family members staging accidents. It may not be politically correct but I would put it front page news with every one of their names listed..........of which most I cannot pronounce!

Then put them onto a "floating door" and send them back to the country that teaches this type of criminality with absolutely no remorse.
Last edited by lesliepaul on Dec 19th, 2016, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:
    So does that make their 'stealing' more acceptable?

The ChristyLiberals are the most corrupt, lying government we have yet seen in all of Canada.
I'm not at all a fan of money being taken out of crown corporations like BC Hydro and ICBC and transferred into general revenue but if you call it stealing then please don't vote for the party that started the tradition of stealing, i.e. the NDP. There's a discussion to be had here and it's a shame to see every thread hijacked and made into yet another "I hate Christy Clark" thread. What is that now? About 833 of them? There are a number of reasons for the rate increase and they aren't all the fault of Christy Clark. Example: Maybe people who cause accidents share some of the blame??
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

So let me get this straight.
Rates just went up 4.9% on Nov. 1st. No less then 2 months go by, and the Govt is TELLING the BC Utilities commission to approve another 4.9 jan 1st.
Well I always figured there was something fishy with the BCUC. Now I know.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Post by sixxonesixx »

ICBC is the largest scam in this province. I have 2 residences. 1 in Alberta and 1 here. I make sure I travel just enough to keep my "free" health care and my near free insurance. For a truck and a car with 2 mill liability, first accident free, 2000$ car rental coverage and every other perk, I pay $1350 yearly - for 2 vehicles...lol. Why can Alberta have 1 of the best insurance rates in Canada? Because they are private and they are not getting high paychecks like the execs at ICBC. Remember the scam where ICBC members were writing off vehicles and buying them back themselves? They were not even write offs. When does the population have enough? Privatize already and rid the government of this eyesore. Complain and vote her out. This is a nice place to live - too bad many don't have the option like I do to buy Alberta. No has the right to complain unless they voice and vote.
p.s. where did all the oil money go here? Northern BC has had major drilling for the last 20 years. Never went to health care or insurance. I see the way people are treated here and truly feel sorry. Good luck at the next election Crusty!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the problem is this govt getting voted back in by folks who dont care about anyone but theselves . they would rather luve in the past and pretend the future doesnt affect anyone . it doesnt matter who starts what unless your in grade 2. what matters is putting a stop to it .
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

flamingfingers wrote:So does that make their 'stealing' more acceptable?

The ChristyLiberals are the most corrupt, lying government we have yet seen in all of Canada.

Not a all acceptable, Flaming

Just a different concept. This isn't a case of the government forcing motorists to buy a certain coverage and then raising the price and then skimming from it.

In this case the government is forcing motorists to buy a certain coverage and because of the increase in costs raise the price.

The government corruptness and lying go towards the optional coverage. On several points....

If they can afford to be reasonably competitive with the price of private insurance on optional coverage and still steal a ½ a Billion dollars or more a year, that means they could cut the cost of optional coverage, which would force the private to do the same.

By costing the optional coverage high enough that they have a huge surplus that they can steal, allows the private insurance industry to cost their coverage higher as well. So even if you are buying private coverage, because of the actions of the Liberal private can sell insurance at a competitive price that is higher than required.

Something that have never been made clear to me.... Most of the costs of running ICBC, wages etc come from the investment of the income. The question is do the costs get paid from the investment of both the mandatory income as well as the optional ? That's another issue, but is never discussed.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

flamingfingers wrote:

well since 1998 in BC anyway.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Something to consider about private insurance.
Yes you can shop around to look for cheaper rates and if you are a very good or just lucky driver with no claims and accidents, particularly ones in which you have been deemed at fault or charged, you will always find an insurer and more competitive rates depending on the province.

If you are not in that category? Try finding finding competitive rates. Try finding an insurer that will even insure you or accept your claim -(and it's not just the abysmally poor drivers with horrible driving and accident records who probably shouldn't even be in a vehicle. )

Return to “B.C.”