Another ICBC rate increase

John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Another ICBC rate increase

Post by John500 »

Here we go again. Another 5-7% ICBC increase coming up.
Guess they have to balance the books so they need money to transfer to general revenue.....as always.
When oh when is this going to stop?
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Another ICBC rate increase

Post by Even Steven »

It's called inflation, and it will never stop as it's been in effect ever since money came to be.
ken531a
Fledgling

Post by ken531a »

NO its called false taxation . continually sucking off icbc and bc hydro to make the books look good . Then telling us what knotty drivers we all are.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

As long as some of it goes to education...

The lack of writing skills being displayed these days is evidence that the educational system is sorely lacking.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Knowing the Province likes dipping into ICBC & BC Hydro to boost up general revenue, possibly help balance things at years end. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ken531a
Fledgling

Post by ken531a »

kgcayenne wrote:As long as some of it goes to education...

The lack of writing skills being displayed these days is evidence that the educational system is sorely lacking.
YA Right, that makes it all OK
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

One way or another, it's going to come out of your pocket. Same shiznit, different pile.

Edited to add: 5-6% for my insurance is between $4.50 - $6.50 per month. If I can afford to drive and maintain a car, I can pay that amount to my insurance.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We only use ICBC for what is mandatory from them. Save megabucks by getting the rest elsewhere.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Bsuds wrote:We only use ICBC for what is mandatory from them. Save megabucks by getting the rest elsewhere.

who through? Family, RSA, CDI?
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

kgcayenne wrote:As long as some of it goes to education...

I know right ?

Of all the BS traffic tickets I've got , the penmanship has been simply atrocious ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Perhaps it has something to do with people scamming ICBC with false claims?

Millions and millions of dollars are lost every year by people trying to screw the system. Same with shoplifting....rates and prices are forced to go up.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Government Needs To Take Hands Out Of ICBC, Hydro Till

By The Editor on May 22, 2016
not acceptable
By Jordan Bateman, BC CTF. Some things in B.C. politics are as cliché as Lululemon-wearing Vancouverites sipping lattes in a rainstorm.

For example, opposition parties always rail against massive dividend payments flowing from ICBC and BC Hydro into government coffers. Then those parties form government and continue to tap those crown corporations for as much dough as possible.

This year, BC Hydro is set to hand over $545 million to the B.C. government; ICBC will contribute another $257 million. At the same time, both corporations expect to raise rates, causing B.C. residents hardship as they try to make ends meet.

http://www.pittmeadowstoday.ca/governme ... ydro-till/
Chill
jetty1965
Board Meister

Post by jetty1965 »

Its called lets fix the expensive cars the immigrant rich boys in Vancouver wrecked by driving like idiots.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

ICBC, BC Hydro, BC Ferries, and BCBC (the BC Building Corp) are all privatized, but only have one shareholder...... the provincial gumment. These corporations can all rack up debt, hand over money to the province, and the borrowed money doesn't show on the province's books. This way Christy can claim that she's balanced the budget. But that debt remains for the people of BC, and it's growing all the time. It's a big Con game. The Liberals in charge will all be retired, living in Palm Springs next to Bill VanderZalm, or Maui. Far from the province that they've fleeced.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I am not a person that is a fan of the death penalty like our neighbors to the south...........with that said I am willing to accept Canada bringing it back and used EXCLUSIVELY for lying, cheating politicians. It appears the only way these thieves can be held accountable is if the price they have to pay when caught is final. "Do not pass go and do not collect $200.00". Two terms of cheating equates to 6 figure pensions..........this has to change. The adage "you have to pay like this to get the best" is a crock of .... and has been proven time and time again that they are predominantly "pigs at the trough".

Return to “B.C.”