Sorry your wife died. Can we sell your house?

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Sorry your wife died. Can we sell your house?

Post by oneh2obabe »

That’s not exactly what the note said, but that’s the message Launi Smith Bowie received when she fished the letter from two Vancouver-area realtors out of her father’s trash can last week. Days earlier, her mother Audry Smith collapsed at a family birthday party and later died. The loss was totally unexpected, Bowie said.

And so was the message her 73-year-old dad, Ted, got from the veteran realtors — Leanne de Souza and Linda Shaver — who knocked on his door days after his wife’s death. Handwritten on a store-bought condolence card with the realtors’ business cards attached, the note said: “Sorry to hear of your wife’s passing. Please let us know if we can help in any way with your real estate needs when the time is right. Thanks.”

Though the realtors insist they meant no harm and truly felt sympathy, Bowie said her 73-year-old father was distressed by their letter.

Balance of article
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... storm.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Re: Sorry your wife died. Can we sell your house?

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Totally Classless move by these two realtors, I watched this on global the other night and was totally disgusted with this.
These two are prime examples of why realtors are now thought of in the same light as used car salesmen.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

^^^ I couldn't agree more Diesel. Used car salespersons, realtors and ambulance chasing lawyers...just disgusting.
Opportunistic insensitive classless morons with no sense of decency.
At least wait until the loved one has been buried and give the family two weeks of privacy before you horn in trying to edge out your competition for a sales commission.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

That's why I call them "Property Pimps".
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I have ALWAYS considered 99% of all realtors to be in a category LOWER than car salespeople and lawyers. The real estate business (especially in B.C.) will be forever looked on as uneducated (but I took the R.E. course), lazy (unless you consider talking on the phone while driving to be work) and greed infested beyond belief.

A friend put his (nice) 1200 sq. ft. condo for sale last week in the trendy part of the Pandosy area and there has been quite a few showings (5 or 6) in a short period of time. Yesterday the R.E. agent (woman) calls and STATES that he should lower his price........this after she checked numerous "sold" prices in the area and even in the same building in the last few months to price his accordingly. I call this "desperate" after 1 week on the market.

You do not need these bottom feeders.........list it yourself!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's unfortunate that 99% of Realtors give the rest a bad name.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I really don't have much good to say of realtors.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Totally Classless move by these two realtors, I watched this on global the other night and was totally disgusted with this.
These two are prime examples of why realtors are now thought of in the same light as used car salesmen.

agree, that's all they are
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Totally Classless move by these two realtors, I watched this on global the other night and was totally disgusted with this.

And you forgot lawyers. [icon_lol2.gif]
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^And most politicians....

'Specially those who have realtors as their major fundraisers.
Chill
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

The sad part though that it probably works.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

From Glacier, above . . .

It's unfortunate that 99% of Realtors give the rest a bad name

Brilliant, and he's got my and six other likes to support it.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 10th, 2016, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote fixed.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I read the article in the Province.
It said they had discussed the house with him a few days earlier, and when they asked him what he felt it was worth, had informed him it was actually quite a lot higher.... So I think they are not the worst of the bunch..
As for the card, I think they regretted later...had sent it without thinking much about it.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Vultures circling the prey.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I read the article in the Province.
It said they had discussed the house with him a few days earlier, and when they asked him what he felt it was worth, had informed him it was actually quite a lot higher.... So I think they are not the worst of the bunch..
As for the card, I think they regretted later...had sent it without thinking much about it.
I'd say they thought a lot about it and knew exactly what they were doing. The only thing they regret is that this made the news and exposed them for what they are.!
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45

Return to “B.C.”