Sheriff caught by creep catchers

A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Sheriff caught by creep catchers

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

a timely example of a problem that is being discussed in other threads too

Smurf wrote:Add this RCMP in Surrey to the list. I hope these guys get life but they will probably just get a slap on the fingers.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3759511

today castanet tells us

Creep sting charge dropped
David Wylie - Oct 18, 2016 / 11:13 am

One of the charges against a Surrey RCMP officer following a Creep Catchers sting has been dropped.

Const. Dario Devic was charged with child luring and breach of trust by an officer a month ago after a Creep Catchers sting.

The Crown has since dropped the breach of trust charge after "a full review of all the available evidence."

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/178591/ ... ge-dropped

but a different source tells us the same info a different way

Child luring charge to go ahead against RCMP officer in Creep Catchers case
Const. Dario Devic was charged last month by the RCMP following release of video by Creep Catchers
CBC News Posted: Oct 18, 2016 10:37 AM PT Last Updated: Oct 18, 2016 11:28 AM PT

The RCMP laid two charges last month against Const. Dario Devic following the release of a Creep Catchers video.

The vigilante group claimed to have caught an RCMP officer after luring him online with a woman posing as a 14-year-old.

A week later the RCMP confirmed it had arrested and charged a Surrey RCMP officer in the case.

Charges in B.C. are normally laid by the Crown, not police.

At the time, a spokesperson for the Surrey RCMP was unable to explain why police decided to lay charges themselves in this case.

After the charges were forwarded to the Criminal Justice Branch, the Crown announced today the charge of breach of trust did not meet its assessment standard.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3810254
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

hmmmmm im not seeing how the breach of trust is being dropped . something is amiss here
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

what i do see is rcmp investigating rcmp, then going beyond for some reason to eliminate the crown prosecutor, and coming up short on at least one count so far.

rcmp eliminated an outside investigation, and even prosecution it would seem.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:what i do see is rcmp investigating rcmp, then going beyond for some reason to eliminate the crown prosecutor, and coming up short on at least one count so far.

rcmp eliminated an outside investigation, and even prosecution it would seem.

Funny, he is in court today. Therefore your line of thinking, RCMP investigating RCMP is meaningless.

Who do you think should investigate Criminal matters? Are you qualified, your Mom, or your Dad?

Help us understand, even Lawyers do not have the investigation skills developed by these men and woman.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Creep catchers can't be trusted to post accurately. There is a case where a wrong person was identified. He is/was a real estate agent. His business pretty much vanished when the Creep Catchers posted his name and face....... in error. And his kid, who is 11, suffers all kinds of abuse at school and had to quit hockey. The son is stressed and failing in school and has been suspended for fighting at school but the bullying continues. Kids pick on him because of a wrong I.D. by Creep Catchers and he fights back. It's going to take a lot to get past this. Will he ever? This kid's life was on a positive course and suddenly took a turn when Creep Catchers made a mistake. Dad's had to work out of town and be home on weekends only.

Return to “B.C.”