Delta - Fentanyl Laced Cocaine, 8 overdoses in 20mins

LiamHaddock
Übergod

Re: Delta - Fentanyl Laced Cocaine, 8 overdoses in 20mins

Post by LiamHaddock »

http://www.news1130.com/2016/09/15/delta-fentantl-forum-what-you-need-to-know/
Over 200 people including parents and high school students gathered at South Delta Secondary to hear the latest developments in the response to BC’s opioid crisis.

Delta Police Sgt. Dave Vaughan-Smith says traces of the synthetic opioid have been identified in everything from heroin, to oxycodone to cocaine. He says despite rumours, there have been no cases of street level marijuana testing positive for fentanyl.

Vaughan-Smith says sloppy illicit drug makers, negligent mixing, and cross contamination may be spreading fentanyl into a variety of street drugs.

“It completely freaks me out. On Friday there is a service in our church for a girl in our church who overdosed.”

“We came out tonight because it’s prevalent in our neighbourhood. Our son goes to this school, with these overdoses in the very recent past and our son is 13 and just starting high school so it’s a big concern for us. We need to know so we can talk to him about it.”
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

this is a situation that can only be controlled by the people whom choose to take drugs and become addicts
they only have themselves to blame I have sorrow for them but no sympathy
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

dontrump wrote:this is a situation that can only be controlled by the people whom choose to take drugs and become addicts

But it cant be controlled by them once they become addicted. Its controlled by the drug dealers which dont care about the addicts.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

dontrump wrote:this is a situation that can only be controlled by the people whom choose to take drugs and become addicts

It's currently controlled by criminals who can cut drugs with fentanyl..if they weren't cutting with fentanyl or there was a legal clean source, these addicts which are really just people suffering from a current day health/addictions epidemic wouldn't be dying in the high volumes they are..
You may not have much compassion or sympathy but thankfully others do, our government realizes this and is willing to use our tax dollars to fund harm reduction approaches that will save lives...isn't it great! :biggrin:
we now have a government that is thankfully looking at and starting to base policy on science based harm reduction approaches.
It's time to move away from treating addiction as a criminal issue and start properly addressing it as the health issue/epidemic it is..
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i wonder if same folks blaming the users would find same fault in folks who drink if someone was putting poison in booze ?
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

maryjane48 wrote:i wonder if same folks blaming the users would find same fault in folks who drink if someone was putting poison in booze ?

Alcohol is the holy drug though...even Jesus loved his red wine! One cannot get away with poisoning gods holy drink, that's not acceptable [icon_lol2.gif]

In all seriousness though Alcohol has just been a part of society and socially accepted for so long it doesn't have as negative of stigma associated with its use...
Same with tobacco...

Why people who smoke cigarettes all day arent shunned like marijuana smokers or the fact peope care about alcoholics but not druggies is simply hypocrisy.

caffeine, tobacco and boose are all drugs and even food, sex, shopping, gambling ect can be addictive/harmful for people and used as an escape...often to excess causing harms on loved ones, themselves and costing society in one way or another.

It's time to stop blaming people and focus on helping peope and saving lives.

Return to “B.C.”